I thought being called "cute" is a good thing?

I was talking to my guy friend and he mentioned to me that being called cute isn't always a good thing for guys. He apparently got rejected many times for being "too cute." Does the same hold true for girls? Guys if a girl is "too cute" does that mean she is datable or un-datable?

Cuz I am SUPER short and tiny and guys say I am "so cute." I am starting to think it is a bad thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• it actually depends on the guy. if he's the player type and he calls a girl "cute" he might not think she is actually cute, but he wants to get in her bed. if he's a nice, serious guy he might be shy to tell a girl she's beautiful, or hot or whatever. in your case, I think it's a good thing, though. guys often call me cute or adorable or stuff like that because I'm also short. I asked them what they mean with that, like, I wanted to know once and for all if that's a compliment or a stupid thing. they said they like hugging short girls and snuggle them, they feel protective.

What Guys Said 3

• If a guy is "too cute" that can mean he isn't very manly.

I don't think that you would have problems attracting people for your lack of manliness. I could be wrong, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that you aren't into being manly ;)

• It can be used mockingly, but usually playfully (I say this to a very short friend of mine, his head reaches the lowest part of my chest XD)

Ahem, as us anime nerds love to screech: KAWAII :O

• LOL I bet I am shorter...btw how tall are u?

• Lateness! (I really need to work on my replies ^^;)

Well, I don't have a ruler on me, but I usually have to bend my knees when I'm on the bus in the morning D:

• it can be a bad thing if you look like a little kid

that lacks sex appeal

acting too cute can look immature or dumb so be careful of that

What Girls Said 3

• I get this a lot too. Maybe it can be frustrating, because you get so many compliments, that it can get confusing. But it's diff with guys, cute can be considered like baby face cute. While girls, more so the petite small ones, get the "cute" compliment because that's what they are, small and cute...I guess. This is what I have heard, makes sense.

• I hope it isn't because I just get called pretty and to me it is not the same as hott. It seems like guys want to only be with hott girls not any girl that is called under that.

• ughh I notice that too :(

i think pretty means I am attracted. It is a step up from "cute" lol. Best of luck to you :)

• nope. I'm lucky if I can get a guy to talk to me. we can sit there and have deep convoz and I still get nothing.

• same here :(

• no. cute is a positive thing to me