If a girl has acne (mild) should she wear makeup?

or should she just let it show?

guys have acne too and I feel like we look past it see their good looks anyways but when a girl has acne she is ugly and must cover it up?

i am feeling horrible about my acne, its case of mild acne mixed with oiliness. but here is the thing I'm a very attractive person physically and personality wise but I have stupid acne... does acne take away that beauty from me? is that all guys see?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sadly there is a double standard about acne and attractiveness for guys and girls. Guys will be made fun of for using concealer and the like while a girl will be seen as lazy/ugly for not taking the time to conceal. If you feel bad about your acne a good foundation can do wonders. I have mild skin issues as well and using foundation really gives me a confidence boost, as shallow as it is

i would suggest a cream to powder foundation because it's like buying a foundation and concealer all in one when you use different brushes. I like Urban Decay's Surreal Skin cream to powder with ELF complexion brush to apply as foundation and fingers for concealer (i'm saving for a brush now). go to one of their kiosks in macys or nordstrom and one of the MAs will match your skin tone. Avoid MAC or drugstore makeup because it can really break some people out. If your skin is really sensitive then mineral makeup is really good. Powder foundations help keep you from looking oily as well as cream to powders. Also, good skincare is great because it stops the acne before it starts. good luck finding some makeup that works for you!

What Guys Said 10

• it's not a big deal for me. I know some girls that I think are gorgeous, acne and all. it is probably the least distracting thing I could think of on a girl. we all have had it in our day and its stupid to even pay attention to it when checking out a girl.

• honestly, a girl that has the guts to not care about a little acne is so attractive.

i.e. there's this one girl in my chem class, and she's adorable. she has mild acne, but do I care? not at all! she has great confidence, and that's really attractive.

I should probly make a move one of these days haha.

acne is just temporary. I know it can be frustrating. I had it pretty bad. then I used dan's regimen: danielkern . com. cleared me up in 4 months! I highly recommend it.

most of my friends would agree with me on this.

• Thank you, I really like what you said. I think the makeup is making my skin worse so I am probably not going to wear it any more.

• Who cares what we think... If it makes HER more confident and helps HER then she should do whatever she likes

• NO, NOT AT ALL! You know how there can be a background noise that you don't hear or notice unless you try to? My BFF was in your situation, N I didn't even see her acne unless she mentioned it or pointed it out. All I saw was a sweet, beautiful girl, inside and out! Some guys may make an issue of it, but decent guys won't...

• As far as should you wear makeup, only if that's how you feel best without yourself. If you're more comfortable without makeup, don't use it...

• nope. I prefer to see her as she really is. If I can't stand her looks when she gets up first thing in the morning when she's sick and hasn't slept well, then not amount of makeup is going to improve my opinion of her looks.

• Neither, some make up actually cause you to have more acne. Go and get some acne cream and wash your face after work outs or at least twice a day.

• make up is ugly

i prefer you take your make up money, and donate it to something more usefull.

i hate make up

• Don't really care about acne.. :)

Don't even try to conceal it because then if the others come to know.. you will be made fun of concealing it.

• soooooo, hows the makeup boycott going for ya?

• acne is no big deal for me. I honestly don't care so id say if you want to wear it its fine but if you don't its fine as well.

What Girls Said 13

• umm some guys don't like makeup..

when I come home from college & hang with my boyfriend, I take it off

& of course acne doesn't take the beauty away from you!

it's just something you have to deal with as part of growing up

& humans are just cruel and nasty..acne doesn't make a person ugly..

name calling does. :}

• i think a person is better off wearing less makeup if they have acne, because I've seen girls with bad acne who cover it up and let it show. the girls who cover it up aren't fooling anybody, you can still see the acne it just looks like you have way too much makeup on, so that's why I feel a person's better off letting their skin be healthy and clear up. if you are pretty in general guys will look at that more than anything.

• i had mild acne now I have none. you can try some benzoyl peroxide liquid, some salicylic acid formula and try scrubs on a weekly basis to get rid of oil or dead skin lockd in pores. I went to a dermatologist though. good luck.

• I have mild acne, and I usually wear a loose powder foundation to cover it up, but nothing too heavy. Some of my friends have moderate acne and they choose not to wear makeup. It's all about personal preference.

• my acne was the same way, I stoped wearing makeup just mosterizer. My face cleared up fast! and I have broke out since! The only time I wear make up is going out with the girls, or a party. It even makes you look way better, cause their not used to seeing you with make it.

• ALRIGHT

girl with acne too can use the makeup to cover the horrible mess. However, ensure to use non-oily products. Otherwise this could make you end up with breakouts and in worse situations damage your skin complexion.

What I would personally recommend is to treat all those acne in first place. Let your skin be naturally so good that you do not require any need to wear all those makeup the whole year round.

• Make up is fake, it makes people fake, so if you are, remember that.

• Do NOT wear make-up if you have acne. It will just make it worse.

• no makeup I think it looks worse if a girl with acne has makeup show your confident in your own skin and you don't need makeup to show your true beauty

• Yes. I think it is fine. When I was younger I was very self concious over it but really you will live through acne and embarrasing moments (and do other people) so don't stress the zits.

• Just wear concealer, that's what I do :P I think the nice boys do luk past the spots g'luck :P

• I am 23 and have had mild "acne" too and my skin is very very oily. I wear mineral foundation and if I have a really red zit or pimple I will spot it with concealer first and than use the mineral foundation! You should really try mineral make-up it has done wonders for me I never break out from it and it doesn't look cakey at all! Also I would recommend you buy some oil absorbing sheets and use those through out the day it really helps to prevent all that oil sitting on your skin all day causing your pores to become clogged with oil which would lead to more breakouts!

• well, you can wear makeup to cover it if you want, some coverup is even medicated.just a suggestion, the neutrogena complete care kit thing that's like 20$ works miracles!