Smiling and eye contact in the gym...easy or hard? Gym question!

Do you tune people out or are you friendly to them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am way too friendly, I smile and laugh, keep strong eye contact. Start conversations and joke around. I have had girls ask me out... however, the last two were way to young to even consider... I only date 18+ :D The young high school boys would laugh because they would think I am flirting with girls. They would say "Where is your girlfriend?", "Where is that girl you just talked too?", even though I am just a social person. I am 21, most people would think I am around 18... kids who are around 14-16, think I am around 16...

There was a group of girls talking and doing some sort of volleyball thing. I walked over and asked if I could join them. We all played around and talked... when I see them around the gym, I would wave and say hi.

Since I play indoor basketball at the Y almost everyday you start to make friends, I have friends ranging from ages 12 to 50, both male and female. Since I want to be an elementary teacher and have worked at summer camps, I am very good around kids. So some people might push away a young kid in playing a game of basketball while I would invite him.

• You sound sweet! lol about the volleyball...you've got guts I must say! Continue being that way...not many people are like that! =)

What Guys Said 3

• i am friendly to them. would love to find a girl that is cool with working out. I have always gotten b!tc#ed out for going to the gym. cause it takes too much time they say or they were insecure about me being around all the girls. either way my next girls is gonna be a gym rat. YEAH!

• Do you prefer doing cardio separately and then some weights/ab stuff together? Or would it not matter? Just wondering...See some couples do that. I like athletic peeps too! =)

• well I have to train twice a day for what I do so I lift first, put some protein in my body and then about 2 hours later get my cardio in from wrestling/muay thai/etc.. if you are doing too much at once then your body is going catabolic (eating its own muscle) and you don't want that. you want it to eat fat. keep your workout to an hour minimum at a time and it really don't matter. as long as you have a good split on your week routine. message me and I will explain that mess if you want.

• Tune them out I'm there to workout hardcore and I don't need anybody distracting me or asking me advice on how to use gym equipment or how I train. I go in with mean face and leave that way. I don't smile or eye contact . I'm only looking at me and that's it. Usually I have guys come ask me questions on what I'm doing or supplements and then I will talk to them if guys have better regiments then me or use supplements that work we talk about that or bs about MMA, but I never initiate the contact. I'm sure I get labeled as jerk or pissed off at the world but I find it funny when people ask me to use equipment that I'm no where near..lol.

• I can understand your dedication there and not wanting to be distracted...I can become like that too. Am trying though to break out of my comfort zone and engage more...that's funny about the mean face...I've seen that type when I work out! lol So you do have a heart underneath that intimidation huh? =)

• Yes I have a heart for a special girl . I think of her all the time even at the gym she is part of my motivation because I love her.

• It's easy. Once and a while talk to them and they'd be happy and talk back.

What Girls Said 3

• I have no problem with eye contact but I am usually too busy working out to be staring at people. Sometimes if a hot guy passes by then yes I will look at him, other than that, I'll keep working out.

• I usually just keep to myself and don't really smile at anyone unless they smile at me.

• It's hard for me, I'm shy!