Intimidated by beautiful people?

Are people intimidated by beautiful people that they are afraid to look at them? Have any one of you felt ignored or left out hanging out with more sociable,AVERAGE-looking people and notice people look at them more than them they do at you?

For example I go out with my mother and everybody looks at her when she's dressed shabbily also when she speaks she yells and waves her arms everywhere?(lol) I'm more graceful,beautiful and a lot younger than her so why are people only noticing her and treats her so nicely and ignores me like I'm a wallpaper?

No trolling please lol I'm not fishing for compliments I just need confirm with other people whether what I had been thinking is true.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm guessing they're looking at your mom, not because she's hotter but because she's yelling, waving her arms and acting like a crazy person. When it comes to grabbing attention, hot beats average, but crazy beats hot. Probably because we need to avoid being killed by crazy more than we need to have sex with hot. Hahaha!

• HAHAHAHA lmao

• ;) Keep being hot--avoid the crazy and you'll get all the attention you can handle and then some.

• Hey! Thanks for the "best answer" props, beautiful girl with the crazy mom!

What Guys Said 11

• This is sort of like what I've noticed with people. I notice that when I'm acting like my natural self, I get short statements or even ignored by people. But others who wear their emotions on their sleeves and faces, and those who talk a lot, get noticed more. I'm not a big talker, so I usually get the bare minimum from people. This has had me really frustrated as of late, because I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong even when I try to talk to people. They just don't seem to want to talk back.

I suppose in your mother's case, it's because she's drawing so much attention to herself. It's hard to ignore someone that talks loudly and even more, has crazy outgoing body language (like waving your arms around lol). If I were you, I'd talk to her and have her help you break out of your shell a little more. That would actually be a really comfortable way to improve- having someone that I trust coach me through.

• Even when she's not yelling/nagging,people take notice of her very easily too.She turns heads. Omg she's always dressed really shabbily and anyhow!She had a square thin face,a nose too hollow like a toothpick,but a *fat* overweight body that everybody says is slim just because they're afraid of offending her. It's not just her too. Any plain and ugly(I hate to say this but I have to) people that I go out with, people only look at them as we pass by them.Isn't it STRANGE?

• Oh wow, yeah people are probably watching out for her then and making sure to keep their distance. Like your Best Answer said, crazy is more concerning than pretty people are. I'm sure you get attention from guys plenty. Maybe not in the form of being approached, but you most likely have secret admirers. Many girls do and never know it :)

• XD you're so kind to say that,thank you <3

• I am a photographer - which is right next to gynecologist in terms of shedding inhibitions looking at, and talking to, beautiful strangers. So I can't help you with how average Joe might feel / act like.

That said,...

Are you really sure your mom is not super hot? Keep in mind that unless a woman is of the age that makes her reproductively irrelevant, good genes are good genes, and most men may not understand it scientifically in their big heads up top, but their little heads help out with that basic thinking. Even if she has a couple of extra pounds, the bone structure, the waist to hip ratio, the facial symmetry, the nice boobies, the good skin nails and hair, may still be with her - which are all signs of good genes. And you are walking, silent (LOL) evidence right there that she is capable of producing a healthy, beautiful offspring. And loudness absolutely gets attention.

By comparison to her (esp. in her presence) your demeanor may come off as timid or bland or disengaged or stuck up - all pretty debilitating turnoffs.

Try for sh*ts and giggles stepping out of the house without your mom, and see how people react to you. And borrow a page or two from her book. And do not worry if average guys are intimidated - you want either a pretty hot guy who isn't intimidated, or an average to above-average guy with huge balls who is intimidated but overcomes it and comes up and talks to you and charms you.

• My mom is of the age that makes her reproductively irrelevant,her face looks shrunken with age (it's not the chiselled facial features XD) She doesn't have good hair and nails:( I definitely think it's not about looks at all when I go out with my father,or sister or some other plain-Jane friends that wear very simply (white shirt and khaki shorts and slippers) and they get noticed.

What a MYSTERY-_-

• You trying to get me intro trouble?Its a violation of the rules and regulations by uploading anyone else' photos except yours

• it's up to you if you want to upload mom's besides yours. given her demeanor you've described it is hard to imagine she would object

• Some people are intimidated by em...i'm average at best I guess and I don't really notice people payin more attention to me than better lookin people though...as for me I don't really get intimidated but with some girls that I thought were really good lookin I was pretty nervous and did find it a little hard to look at em sometimes

• Define good-looking? I think most people define beauty NOT by your face but only by what you wear that moment they saw you and if you have big man/woman parts or not.It's unfair lol because wherever I turn I seem to be the cutest one LMAO.

• NEVER... because I'm one of them :) haha

• well I personally wouldn't and couldn't pay much attention to beautiful or hot people, the whole out of your league thing applies here. so maybe that's why?

• I'm sure it's not the out-of-your-league thing.

• well it would be for me, not sure about your case :)

• you kind of answered your own question

• yes I look in the mirror and think wow what the f*** this guy is the sh*t de hi he ho ho

• nah, they're just people to me.

• Yep- my confidence seems to go out the window when I am actually really attracted to someone. Otherwise I show confidence out the wazoo...

• Nope I'm not intimidated beautiful people, they are just people to me that all

• I never found models or actresses attractive. good looking or not, they need to have sex appeal to call attention to themselves. christina hendricks is an example. kind of hard to describe. I noticed a model once but just because she looked out of place at a cafeteria.

• But Christina had plastic surgery,so she's not counted as beautiful in my eyes. Go to google image and type "christina hendricks platic surgery before and after" and you'll see she's fake. What sex appeal you'll talking about? That's not true. I'm naturally curious and look at everybody,irregardless of whether they're ugly,average or beautiful. I'm asking why is it that everyone male or female young or old I go or with gets looked at. Is it because I'm too intimidating or too thin or something.

• ok by the way, this topic is created by me asking about my own situation,not your favorite playboy model.

• nvm I don't get the question

What Girls Said 7

• For me it's the otherway around. Everywhere I go I'm told how attractive I am and how beautiful I am, pretty dress, great hair... But I can't take all the attention and compliments. I was at a party last night and all the boys were starring, sneaking glances, coming up and flirting. But what was worse was each group I went up to to talk to them spend around 5 minutes disscussing how beautiful I am.

It makes me feel like a specimen not a real person

so I start to get nervous from being watched and get awkward.

It sucks not being able to just chat with my girlfriends without random men coming up and trying to look down my dress.

But yes I've had the other situation too, when I'm with a friend who put no effort in to her clothes or someone older or whatever, I do think it's weird. But honestly it's a break from not feeling watched or having to act perfect because I'm the center of attention. I'm more than happy to let someone else get the spot light

• no, as a beautiful myself, I look at everyone. if anyone is intimidated by me, it might be because I'm slightly domineering in most situations and I tend to be in charge.

• @Intimidated by beautiful people?

I'm more graceful,beautiful and a lot younger than her

Soooo, you're the hot girl they can't look at?

• Yes. o.o

• I've never been intimidated by someone beautiful...i've thought 'wow' she's beautiful, but I've never want to run and hide under the covers.

Prehaps its not about what your looks are, may be its more to do with the kind of person you are inside.

Your mother, instintly gives off her warm bubbly personality, (and why would you think that's not beautiful...why does older have to mean not so...)

Sorry, but my mother is and always has been a very beautiful looking woman, men always talk to her, chat her up. and she's exentric sometimes, and she's a lot older. But some young person might think she were an old hag...

What's more is beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I'm fully a believer in that, and it isn't just what's on the outside that counts, its the inside that makes you beautiful inside and out.

• They're probably looking at your mom because she is a yelling adult...No, I am not intimidated by beautiful people at all. The guy I am dating falls into that category, and I very much put aside looks in terms of weather I will approach someone or not.

• People aren't attracted to just good looking people they prefer someone with a personality ! (nt being bigheaded) but I know I'm good looking but I also have a very outgoing personality and attract a lot off attention and 9/10 it's not for the way I look it's because of my personality so people aren't intimidated by beautiful people at all but prefer ones with outgoing bubbly personalities (like your mother)...maybe your too shy or giving vibes off that your better(looking) than everyone else around you which other people will tend to ignore u?

• I think it's my natural shy vibe. I noticed that it's when I don't care how I look and dress simply that I turn the most heads. It's weird and unfair!

• Maybe try adopting the I don't care attitude all the time then lol, try taking the lead and talking to people first (I normally smile then people seem to just talk to me) :)