Guys- do you like or not like being called cute?

My boyfriend thinks when a guy is called cute that you might as well being calling them gay... What do you prefer?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was told before by a few girls that you can be called "cute" but still be seen as unattractive physical wise? So honestly, I'd rather be called or told something else. When a guy says a girl is cute it usually means that we find her facial complexion attractive. But don't get me wrong, if someone calls me "cute", it is meant as a compliment and I'll take it.

What Guys Said 21

• I have NO problem being called cute. If a girl thinks I'm cute, I'll gladly take the compliment; I'm not fussy! Bonus points if the girl saying it is cute, too. :)

• calling me cute when I'm doing something cute is great because I was probably going for that in the first place...calling me cute when I'm working out or jamming out on a guitar (if I knew how to play one that is) is insulting because I feel like you see me as a weenie trying to lift 80 pounds rather than chuck liddell pushing 350 lol.

• I don't mind it.

• I don't mind being called "cute" at all. The definition of the word "cute" is "attractive in a youthful fashion". Since I'm 25 & have the face of a 17yr old lol, being called "cute" fits my look.

Also, I've only been called "hot" enough times to count on one hand. I've gotten "sexy" & "fine" a few isolated times also. However I get cute a lot more frequently.

My point? I've extremely rarely been called "hot"...but I'm not complaining about "women not liking me". :)

• It's just the age. Don't mind about it. I love it to be called cute (I'm 28) I assume your boyfriend is also <18 years, so it isn't cool to be called cute, but he'll turn around when the years passes by.

• not a fan of cute. come up with something else.

• Call him gay, then ask which he likes better. Being called cute, or being called gay. :)

• I don't mind being called cute but I can see why some guys might take offense to it. I'd say it's best to use a different word unless you're sure of how the guy will react.

• It seems almost insulting because in most cases I hear a girl call a guy cute its just being used to tell a guy he isn't hot without making him feel like sh*t

• I like it when a girl calls me cute. I can see why your boyfriend would think its kinda gay, but in all actuality its a girl saying she likes the guys looks (or personality depending on the context). Plus above all its a nice gesture especially because most people don't wanna say anything because they are afraid how the other person will react to their comment

• Who cares what they call you. If they like you, then they like you. Anytime I've been called cute I've hooked up with the girl.

• It feels like something a grandmother would say.

• I was going to ask if you thought your boyfriend was a closet gay. But assuming he's also <18yo, he's just immature. Give it a few years.

• I like to be called cute. We are just like girls we like complements. They are nice

• I really hate being called cute, I mean what the hell, am I a little child or a man in your eyes

• I'd rather be called gay than cute.

• gay

• i don't like it, call me gorgeous instead I like it

• Hmmm that's a tough one I don't mind but there are other things I rather be called.

• I'd rather be called gay than cute.

• I like it :D

Girls have a way with words

What Girls Said 9

• My guy likes it. 'Cute' is a very ME word to use, lol, so he takes it as a big compliment. Also because I don't just throw out compliments for no reason, they're always genuinely how I feel. He blushed when I called him beautiful, haha, and he neeever gets bashful around me.

• I use handsome 'cause it sounds more manly & I've also heard guys generally don't like being called cute or sweet, etc.

• I prefer to call them "adorable" awwww sounds so cute :)

• usually teenage guys want to be "hot" or "sexy" instead of cute because it makes them feel manlier.

• I prefer to call them handsome

• I'd prefer calling a guy handsome, smart, gentleman, etc.. rather than cute.

• cute tends to be more of a personality trait in guys I think. if a guys insulted..he just took it the wrong way. saying your so cute isn't saying your not manly. but hey if I'm not the compliment receiver I guess I can't decide how to take it for him..

• i use cute all the time

• what boys don't get is that sometimes cute to a girl just describes something he does personality wise it's not necessarily that he's cute physically. so if he says something sweet and we say "aww you're so cute!". Now that's different than saying "hey what do you think about so and so" "yeah...I guess he's cute" and then there's " hey what do you think about so and so?" "oh yeah so and so...*sigh* he's so cute!" mostly that means baby faced, sweet guy which isn't a bad thing at all it's just a type. so I think it would depend on the context of the use of the word whether it would be a good thing for a guy. Us women are so complicated LOL