Honestly, what's wrong?

I am 18 years old, and I have never had a boyfriend (I am straight, not bi or lesbian). This fact has crushed my self-esteem. I consider myself attractive. I see so many not-so attractive girls with boyfriends, and I just wonder.What is wrong with me?

I am not overweight. I am 5'5" and weigh 124. (I know, it may be considered "fat" to some people, but whatever).

I have always been told guys are just "intimidated" by pretty girls.Which I believed, when I was 13!

& even if that statement were true, how would super-models have boyfriends?

I have a good personality as well. I am very friendly and can get along with just about everyone.

So, what is it that makes me so "un-attractive" that no one will ask me out?

Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to agree with paulthree, most men are not intimidated by a beautiful woman but rather feel that they don't have what it takes and they'd simply be turned down if they asked.

Chances are you've got a number of guys gawking over you behind your back but just feel they'd save themselves some dissapointment and not bother asking, I know I'd be in that boat.

What Guys Said 6

• I've seen variations on this question several times. It will most likely turn out to be your ethnicity or religion, even if you aren't up front about the religion and try not to be about your ethnicity. For example, a lot of guys won't date Asian women because they think, largely correctly, that they aren't easy to get into bed.

No, most guys are NOT intimidated by pretty girls. Generally, most guys can deal with that pretty well!

So my first guess is that they think your family wouldn't approve of you dating anyone outside your religion or ethnic group.they may be wrong, but maybe that's frequently the case with your religion/ethnic group.

• Why is something wrong? In many cultures girls aren't allowed to have boyfriends until your age or even older.

For sure, we guys are NOT intimidated by pretty women. It may seem that way, but really we tend to assume we don't have a chance unless we drive and expensive car and have a lot of money to spend on her.because usually, that's what winds their clocks.

Evidently you are an exception, and good, bully for you. You don't have anything to worry about.

Clearly you are a non-conformist, and now THAT does INDEED intimidate most guys! Not me, though, or a lot of guys I know.

• What's your hurry? do you plan to marry today?

Think about where you are in life as of right now. Don't go into a wrong relationship by dating someone you don't love, and potentially missing ahead what is truly yours( trust me, your guy is out there). You won't know how to get out of a wrong relatonship afterwards.

If things have not happend, that's because its not time. Open merchandise sells at a discount.

Read the book of Solomon in the bible. Don't worry if you don't understand it all, the things you need to know will show themselves.

• Ok to answer one question super-models get boyfriends because the guy's friends bet him while he was drunk, high or any combo of the two. To answer the other don't freak out if your 18 then your probably either out of or about to finish high school which means you'll either start a career or go to college soon so if you got a boyfriend you'd have to leave him or have no time since you'll have just started your job and the low man (or woman in this case) on the totem always get the shit hours.

oh and just to cover all my bases if you just started college in a new town you just moved you probably know next to no one so just go to some parties and you'll be fine.

in fact even if your not in a new college town go to some parties and if you don't know where any are just take a road trip to the nearest college town since your 18 you should be close to the same age as the freshmen so there you go

• Just go out with guys and flirt. There's bound to be a guy out there that will flirt back and you can have a relationship.

• "So, what is it that makes me so "un-attractive" that no one will ask me out?"

Have you ever asked anyone out? If no, what makes all of them so un-attractive?

What Girls Said 3

• Well.just to let you know. Unattractive people can date and they do date and second, overweight people can date and also date. My sister is overweight and short and her boyfriend looks like he could be a model for sure. Looks don't matter to guys who want true love. It's all the inside the girl or guys personality. It has nothing to do with what you look like. If it did and you say you're pretty then you would have had a boyfriend already.

Anyway, the fact could be that since you're a good person it just isn't your time yet to have someone in your life. Just be patient and he will come to you. Don't stress about it. The fact that you seem to have a good head on your shoulders means that you will find someone who is perfect for you. You won't waste time with dickhead guys which is a good thing. Instead of you being anyone but yourself and getting dumb immature guys.you will find a mature loving man this way. Don't change and there isn't anything wrong with you. You're normal. Most girls aren't normal who disrespect themselves.

• do you talk to guys a lot? maybe you should just get out there and flirt and see what happens. be confident I'm sure there's nothing wrong with u. its not a big deal don't stress over it. my sis is in her third year of college and she's only ever had one bf, ur not alone

• well, do you put yourself out there? do you make the effort? because understand how you feel, but I also know that it's my fault because I don't exactly put myself out there. so it might be that your not putting the vibe that your looking for someone to guys. a lot of times guys won't ask a girl out for fear of rejection so if you make him see that you like him, then he will most likely ask you out. also why not ask out the guy?