Any GIRLS with tattoos here who could give me some advice?

If any of you girls are experienced with getting tattoos, please I need some advice/opinions! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• ive had my first tattoo done about 3 months ago and my word of advice would be don't go for the bottom of your back because it will hurt alot, because it on muscle and bone so go for somewere different and have something small and dnt make my mistake have which was to have a fairly big tattoo. hope this is any help xxx

What Guys Said 4

• I KNOW you want GIRLS opinions, but I've been told by another girl wanting the same thing that this was helpful, N if not, I'm sorry. They're not painful unless it's across the bone or a lot of color where it'll take a really long time. In fact, it's numb at first. Have you ever pushed a lawnmower? You know the vibration you feel in your hands? That's EXACTLY how it felt. It does itch afterward tho until it heals, N you have to pat Lubriderm on it.. I got mine on my back so I could hide it N I was EXTREMELY grateful I only had to wear a loose smock to work, because there was NOOO WAY I could tuck in my shirt over it for a while. Again, if my answering is a problem then I apologize. I just enjoy helping N advising people...

• lol I know another guy answering-you are very pretty and I think tatoos are cheesy and you are too nice looking to get one(only my opinion so please don't bash me lol)

• dont get one

• where do you want to get the tattoo?

• Thanks but I need a girl's opinion. That's why the capitalized "GIRLS"... lol

What Girls Said 12

• I have two tattoos and hope to get a few more. I'm not sure what kind of advice you're looking for but here's some thoughts I keep in mind before adding onto my collection.

1. Are you going to want it in a year or two? Whenever I get an idea I make myself wait a year at least before getting it so that I can see how much I want it or if I lose interest.

2. Can you deal with seeing it on someone else and knowing you've got the same one? Because there are too many people in the world not to have duplicate tattoos. Therefore, I always design mine myself so I know that at least no one will have the exact same, no matter how mundane it actually looks.

3. Would you worry about it showing in different situations such as formal happenings? My last rule is that I have to get it in a place where I can cover it up completely should I choose. I don't want to the worry of it showing when in a formal or professional situation or otherwise. If I want to show it off I can, but if I want it to remain hidden it's perfectly possible as well.

Hope that helps!

• Trust me when I say this. Do NOT let anyone decide for you/pressure you to get a certain tattoo. Do not get a tattoo because 'it looks pretty' because you have to really, really realize the fact that it's going to be there for life.

I made this mistake. Being the stubborn idiot that I am, I didn't back out of the dare my friends gave me (which was to get Freddo Frog playing cricket tattooed on my left thigh above my knee). Sure, it's cute, and usually I don't notice it's there but when I do, I think "What the f*** is wrong with me?"

Get something personal which really, really means something to you emotionally. Don't get something which reminds you of a bad memory, because every time you see it, or someone asks you the story behind it, you will relive the bad memory.

Asides from having Fred on my leg, I also have ancient Celtic runes spelling ‘strength’ on the back of my neck and I plan to get 'courage', 'commitment', 'comradeship' and 'integrity' also tattooed there. I also have a beautiful Polynesian tribal design covering the back of both my shoulders and half-way down my back.

• What kind of advice?

About getting tattoos what my mum always told me, make sure it's something you can live with for the rest of your life and can cover up if you need to and can show off if you want to. I think that's all that matters when getting a tattoo...

• I have one but several of my friends are artists.

What kind of advice do you want?

I mean, your question is very vague. So...explain?

• What kind of advise are you looking for ... placement, design ... etc.?

• my husband is a tattoo artist for over 13 years. I don't particulary care for leg and chest tattoos on women because you can't cover them in business clothes and they look trashy. Oh, and I wish I would've stuck with black and grey work--no colors.

• I just got one recently. WHat's you're question pertaining to in particular?

• i have a tattoo on my ankle...what do you need?

• Depends on what kind of advice you need.. I got 9 tats and still getting more this weekend so hit me up!

• What do you want to know?

• I have 4 tattoos and a few piercings, what kind of advice do you want?

• what do you wanna know?