Do you like it when a guy says you are out of his league?

do you like it when a guy says you are out of his league? as in you look better than him and you two can not be

out*

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I mean, most of the time I know it's complete bs but it's sweet anyway. It's only annoying if he's doing it in a self-depreciating, compliment-me way.

• no I mean he doesn't want to date you because you are out of his league

• yes I don't understand why shed be into me

• I could list off a million reasons but until you realize you have worth nothing I say will make a difference.

What Girls Said 14

• No because it shows how shallow he is to rate women by leagues.

Even though I'm in the better league it doesn't make it any less shallow.

• no. I like guys with self esteem

• well looks like I'm screwed

• yeah but an insecure guy is like a car without wheels, useless :(

• you can work on that. try not showing much insecurity and you'll be okay.

• thank you but try to build confidence <3 once you have confidence the cute girls will come to you! (:

• I cant, thanks though :)

• no. I hate that more than anything. I would love for a guy to think he actually has a shot with me rather than thinking he doesn't. it's kinda a turn off for me.

• why? he might be honest

• I dunno. it just really bothers me when a guy says that because I hear it so much. it's kinda like that movie she's out of my league because that one chick leaves that guy because he said she was a ten and he thought he was like a six or something like that.

• No. It annoys me. If he was out of my league, then I wouldn't be wasting my f***ing time on him.

• If I was interested in him I wouldn't find it flattering more annoying as looks shouldn't decided who you can or can't be with because ofthe simple fact he thinks too highly of you or too lowely of himself.

• i mean its def flattering but not if it means he super insecure.

• no...i hate when people say that...the whole "out of my league" thing is stupid

• why?

• everyone should, for both guys and girls, confidence is a very hard thing to fake, to pretend to have, it can be faked but we girls can easily sense and tell when a guy is faking it, but fake confidence is better than no confidence at all

• exactlyyyyy! this girl knows what's up haha

• yeh, but not really, ummm..yes

• no

• why not?

• it makes the man seem weak and insecure. its a turn off for me.

• what if he is right?

• yes I take it as a compliment

• would you date him?

• depends if I'm initially attracted to him or not, if he is very physically good-looking then yes

• why would we be happy to be rejected by someone uglier than us?

• because you deserve better?

• why? if it's the truth

• i guess that's the type of person I am? I mean its flattering, don't get me wrong, but I don't like people thinking lowly of themselves...even if they are lower than me

• i guess so, it means I'm better than him in some way

• oh I think when a guy dates a woman who they feel is out of their league they put them up on this pedestal where they are worshiped and can do no wrong. that's a pretty great feeling for a girl and it can make up for a lot in the league department. Take a chance.

What Guys Said 3

• If I were a girl I'd be like "ugh, get away from me you grovelling worm. I can't sleep with a guy if he doesn't have a d***."

• ik I was harsh, I just have a lot of insecure friends with girls who WOULD like them if they didn't hate on themselves so much. aggravating.

• You also have to realize that the criteria you're using to judge yourself was invented by you. It is not a universal truth of the world that people are in different 'leagues' based on something as superficial as appearance. Yes, there is a phenomenon called physical attraction, but that only plays a large role in the initial meeting and in one-night stands. If you're looking for a quickie, yeah, some girls probably want the hottest piece they can find. Just like a guy.

• On the other hand, most girls ARE NOT looking for quickies outside of a bar/club scenario and therefore don't judge men as quickly and on the same basis that men judge themselves. They're looking to get to know a person. You caring solely about what 'league' you and they are in says to them "I don't care about a relationship, I want a trophy, and I think you'd be a good trophy if only I was a trophy myself." I hope you can see what a flawed approach that is.

• i'm sure most find it as a compliment

• No I think it shows women that you only value their physical appearance or that you are insecure. I don't think any woman is out of my league, except famous women.