What's the definition of Cute?

I went out a couple of times and this really good looking guy called me cute - first behind my back.

Me and my girlfriends discussed the word "cute" and came to the conclusion that's its actually an insult. Who wants to be called cute?

Second time, he actually came upfront and told me that he thinks I'm very cute- we all laugh and he said in a very serious voice - "No! I mean it. And in a very good way!" He keep on saying repeatedly that I'm cute.

My one friend then asked him if she wasn't cute, and he told her "not as super awesome cute as I". Dumbfound. Clearly he meant it as a compliment.

But can you guys please give us your different definitions of the word "cute".

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls and guys seem to vary on their definition of cute. Girls seem to mean it as a relatively bad thing; guys, on the other hand, think cute is great. Sexy or hot means we want to bang you like a screen door in a hurricane. Cute means we don't just want to take you to bed - we want to wake up with you, as well. Frequently, if possible.

• LOL! I wouldn't have said it exactly like that, but that's kind of what I've always taken cute to mean.

What Guys Said 6

• Cute:

1. Attractive. Not gorgeous or hot, but typically carrying a personality to bring someone to that level of attraction. Dateable. Not unattractive. Interesting. Intelligent. Nice and caring, kind. An 8 in physical attraction, with a 10 personality.

2. Having done something cute - trip and fall, however gracefully.

3. Demeaning when used in a manner as having done something cute, as in childish.

Just my 2 cents...

• Cute means wholesome, not corrupt, and attractive. It's a copliment not an insult, althoough it carries overtones of not being as attractive maybe as [pretty' or 'beautiful.'

• Hot = attraction in a purely sexual manner

Cute = attraction in a less overtly sexual manner

Hot girls are the ones you want to bang in the nearest bathroom stall.

Cute girls are the ones you want to show the parents.

• Cute is a unique type of beauty.

And how the hell did you and your friends come to accept that as an insult? You guys must hear it a lot.

• Cute=Hot but in a polite way

• I always though "cute" was a good thing? I mean he's probably not going to say that you're "sexy" this early on. It would look like he wants to bang you.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm having this problem right now actually... I've been called hot and cute a lot. I get hot for my body, but I get cute for my face and personality. I don't know it's really hard to explain, but when I'm called cute I take it as an insult because it just doesn't sound as good as pretty or beautiful.

• cute can mean hot if the guy doesn't want to make you think he is a pig for saying hot. it can mean cute as in a little kid or a puppy or a doll. it can mean cute like pretty or personality. it is always a good thing.

• he thinks your adorable :D big eyes soft lips, and the right kinda body for him (im assuming, since he was looking at you from behind lol!) it means you look like a bunny in snow, that someone like you would brighten up any day for him lol :P

your pure and magnificent in your looks to him. also maybe a bit quarky in personality like childish cute. but he doesn't seem to know you? idk

• who wants to be called cute? I wouldn't mind it sometimes. lol I haven't been called cute since I was 14. I get hot and sexy more than cute. its fine, but not everyone likes my natural sex appeal. some guys like the cute innocent look, which I just don't have. one of my friends is really cute and more guys actually try to talk to her, whereas I get way more guys hitting on me, trying to sleep with me, and things like that. :/