Do you notice when a girl you know gets a tan & do you find it sexier & if so rate it on a scale of 1-10?

how much hotter it looks to you personally. Not saying someone can't look good without one, am aware of the risks in sun damage, etc. just want opinions on them. Thanks

FYI: I have long dark brown hair & green eyes if this would help you picture a girl like me with a tan.

Most Helpful Guy

• i prefer a girl to just be slightly tan enough that she isn't as white as this screen. just enough to knock the milk color off a little bit. much darker than that and all I start thinking about is how ugly she is gonna look in 20 years when I roll over in the bed and think "OH $H!T...WHO PUT THIS ALLIGATOR IN MY BED" I have always thought long term when it comes to beauty. like yea this girl is "hot/sexy" RIGHT NOW...but which one is gonna be "beautiful" when we are 40 or 50? even when I was a teenager I thought that way. but anyhow that's just my opinion on the subject of tanning. this new fad worries me how girls do so much self destructive stuff to try to be all hot or sexy this month...but there are gonna be a bunch of ugly b!tch3s running around in 2021, trying to show you pictures of what they looked like in 2011. LOL.

(before)

link

(after) link

• the after pic is so gross! I agree, work towards lasting beauty, I have a great great aunt who is the most beautiful 80 year old woman Ill ever see! she took care of herself

• it was the grossest one I could find at the moment..LOL! that is great about your aunt. I'm glad to hear it. she sounds like a beautiful and wise young lady. :) make sure you do the same!

• Best answer!

What Guys Said 47

• There are two kinds of tans. There's the kind you get without trying to, that is, you get a bit of a tan (commonly called the sun-kissed look) just by being out and about as an active person. Maybe going swimming, maybe playing sports, whatever. You don't lay out in the sun to get this tan. It just happens on its own when you're not cooped up indoors all day and you live an active life.

Then there's the kind you get by going tanning. It's darker than the "sun-kissed" look mentioned above and the only way you can get it is by a) laying out in the sun, b) tanning booth, or c) artificial tan.

The first kind is attractive. The second is utterly appalling.

sun-kissed and fair-skinned (no tan) are very attractive.

• Not all face, body types are complimented by a tan. Some blondes can look skanky with an overdone tan.

However especially in winter / spring months, when your body was getting little natural sun exposure, a little tan can go a long way. In summer months it's more damage plus everyone's got some so there's less of a point to it.

I think on a scale of increasing your attractiveness (NOT an absolute 1-10 scale on which guys often rank girls), a nice natural tan can give you about 2 points. This improvement is about equal to a girl dropping 5 pounds assuming she needs to drop 15-20 to be her best weight. If the guy you are after is into tan lines, and you get the tan lines, that can give you another point. If he knows you did it for him, though you otherwise not throw yourself at him, that's like 3-4 more points. The lesson here is, what you do matters less than why you do it and how it makes you feel etc. Context and communication is everything.

• I put a description of myself in the update field. The tan is for my own reasons & how it makes me feel, but was wondering how much better you guys think it makes a girl look as an added bonus. :)

• Im not light skinned, so I never really got the idea of a tan. You make yourself darker? I always thought people didn't want to be dark lol? Doesnt make any sense to me. Actually, because most girls don't even know how to tan properly, it ends up detracting from their attractiveness for me. When my white girl friends go to the beach and come back tanned, it just looks like they stayed out in the sun too long. Idk, I don't think it adds to attractiveness at all. Its aaaaall about the giiiirrrll.

• My wife's natural skin tone is a nice brown color, similar to what a white girl would look like if she spent some time every week in the tanning bed. As someone who has an extremely pale-white "Scottish tan" I find my wife's skin tone to be very attractive, especially since it's all over with no tan lines. :)

When I was dating a girl with very fair skin, she would occasionally get out in the sun and tan, and the tan lines were very distinct on her when I'd see her nude. Yes, that was a sexy look also, but I find that I prefer the all-over tan look instead.

Either way, tanned skin pushes my buttons and (to me) looks extremely hot.

• not a fan of tans. don't like them at all.

• Don't like them. Extremely rarely attracted to girls with dark skin. I like sort of peachy skin, pale skin is uncool to me as well. But if a girl who is naturally light skinned unaturally gets a tan I think it's stupid and looks awful. Natural tan is cool.

• Mine is natural.

• For sonicboomboom---I already stated I don't do faux tans. When I get sun I get dark. This is what I mean by natural tanning. I'm fair skinned when I stay out of the sun. So, it's still a real tan without being born with dark skin. Fake-n-bake means spray faux tanning.

• *portuguese :)

• Actually on ladies with darker hair like you I usually find a more pale skin more attractive than tan, its like a hot goth thing ;)

• I'm pale without sun, but can get very dark with it--kinda unusual, since most pale people have trouble tanning & just burn.

• Well I live in San Diego and I've noticed that most of the women over 35 around here have really bad skin, and I assume it is from too much sun exposure when they were younger.

• dont notice and don't care

• Its a little sexier, sure, but I care much more about her figure than her skin tone. Whether or not a girl has a tan will not be the deciding factor for me on whether she is hot.

• i like tan lines, if you tan the right amount it would be a big turn on for most guys but for some it might not be their thing. a subtle tan line is very attractive (at least for me). and yes we do notice them. I'd say that if it suits your body type it could increase the point value from a .5 to 2. I'm not trying to be shallow but I think a good tan can make a great plus for girls

• you with a tan would probably be a 10x multiplier from what ever you are now. It depends on the girl and how dark she gets. I have a friend she has porcelain skin, and platinum hair with light blue eyes, if she had a tan, it wouldn't look right (because it would be fake) I have been an ocean lifeguard for 6 years, and was a complete beach rat before that. Tanning Bed tans and spray ons are easy to tell, as they are too even, but sun kissed is HAWT. Oh god, I am thinking of summer, the lack of surf is almost made up for by the women.

• For certain women a tan makes a woman look better and for others it makes them look worse. Judging by your description its hard to tell how good or bad you will look.

• Would I find a girl hotter if she had a tan and what rating would I give? No way I love light skinned chics and I rate them as a 10.

• hell no, I like pale girls a lot better.

so I give it a 1.

• Because of the sun damage it's a turn off.

• I like all complexions, but tend to prefer girls without much of a tan.

• Olive skin, dark hair and green eyes? That's the perfect look.

• im a fan of the natural skin tones regardless of the race/original color.

• plain and simple. girls that make a tan look good, are much more attractive with one.

• Green eyes?

So you're probally white then.

No, tans on white girls are bad. They should embrace the paleness, it makes them look much better.

Latin girls- sure, tan suits them. But not white girls.

• Green eyes... mwah ;)

• Personally, I don't care much. If it's a sun tan, I'd say it might make a woman sexier by about 5 or 6. Artificial tans imho are gross. At the same time, however, I feel that some women look better pale than tan.

• skin color doesn't matter to me. I myself am fair skinned. I wouldn't mind a tan but I burn easily

• A certain amount of tanning can look good, as long as she doesn't over do it. Points ise a good tan can pick up a girl from like an 8 to an 8.5 or a 7 to a 7.5.

• I generally like pale girls over tan ones.

• Tanning is very unnecessary in my opinion...it is fake and shows that you are self conscious about the way you look and feel the need to change your appearance...just like with guys, be confident with who you are..it is very sexy.

• it could bring her from a 1 (slightly atrractive) to 7 depends on how tan she is and if she tans herself black she will be that much more attractive

• Super kudos for having green eyes "I have green eyes too" Tans are absolutely, insanely attractive I like my woman slightly toasted :P

• thanks, but can't take credit for something I was born with. :) ...wasn't born with the tan, though...I think I look better that way, but was very suprised at all the guys on here who would prefer me pale. Definitely makes me feel better when I'm not so dark.

• I proffer natural color or with just a little , but I don't really care that much about it :P

• More from Guys
    17

What Girls Said 20

• I'm a ginger so I only tan with what the sun gives me. Haha, but yeah. I always found purposely tanning unattractive 'cause it reminds me of those psychos of Jersey Shore and around thirty they start to look older than thirty and get age spots and have chances at skin cancer. Eww, no thanks. There was a girl I know who worshiped tanning beds and last month got skin cancer! She's 22! Plus mom mom had skin Cancer a couple years ago! So yeah, I understand if you want to get a little color. But don't crisp yourself. You're asking for a world of problems down the road and I don't find idiocy attractive.

• I don't think it is the tan as much as it is having an even skin tone (which a tan gives). Pasty white is OK, as long as they are pasty all over. Pasty with tan arms (aka farmer's tan) doesn't seem to be attractive to most people.

• I tan outdoors & in the tanning bed nude so I don't have tan lines.

• I don't think skin color matters in the slight bit. And I'd rather look young in the long run... I have a friend that has green eyes and brown hair and when she gets tan in the summer she doesn't look better or worse.

• I tend to like people with their natural skin tone, whatever that may be. :)

• Your colouring sounds gorgeous, you lucky thing. A tan with green eyes probably looks great! I'm a natural redhead with blue eyes and have never tanned. I've had professional spray tan done a couple of times and I do like it, but it streaks very quickly! I now embrace the fact I'm pale skinned, I see it as different in these times when tans are so fashionable, I like 'different'! :)

• tan is hot girl...and you know this.

• are you white, spanish, black, etc?

i am chinese, long black hair (lil bit red from sun-in highlighter frm last summer) I get tan so easy, but yes, you are so right about the sun, that's all the magazines talk bout, sun protection.

I never get sun burned!

I think guys would find it sexier or at least notice it because if you see some1 every day, like in school, then you would notice.

[:

• I'm predominately caucasian, but have a little native american heritage. I think this is why I'm light skinned, but get very dark with UV exposure.

• I never would have you were chinese, are you full chinese?

• Scar1: are you meaning to say you never would have GUESSED that I was Chinese?..

• I think if your skin is really white tans are popular. Here in northern europe guys prefer tanned girls

• I live where its unacceptable not beign tan... Like you HAVE to be tan...

And I can't stand tans... I can't stand laying out in the sun for a hour just laying there...Waiting for a tan.. I can't stand it.

I wish I can be tan, but I don't like the process of getting tan.

• I use tanning beds since it's so much quicker & cooler temperature wise. Still dangerous & will age you, unfortunately...you could try the fake tan-a lot of people do for health reasons, I just couldn't stand it personally.

• u could just give a country and be perfectly safe

• America lol where there's beachs every wear -__- I don't know if you know now, I live in Florida

• it can be attractive except when they look like a carrot because they tanned too long in the sun.

• Not too tan. If you go to a tanning bed, spray tan, or lay out, it's not attractive. A natural tan from outside activity is great. But pale is sexy too (:

• Tan people to me are always are a turn on.

Yes

• I always think people look better with a tan - girl or guy, but slight nothing extreme. I have a really light complexion and don't tan at all..it kind of sucks.

• Hotter: -6

I don't like tan. I find it pretty ugly. The best is natural skin color: tanning beds are a bit turn off to me.

• Guys I've been with have told me they like my tan;)

• Tanning is not a hobby of mine. Tans are attractive, yes. But I don't really care about having one. I'd rather not damage my skin and look 60 when I'm 30.

• I think a tan brings out a healthy glow, makes someone look slimmer and happier. :)

• guys that get a tan = no no.

• I'm Ginger .. so no fake for me otherwise I'd look like an orangutan :L

• Yay! Gingers are awesome!

• hahahahahah that's the funniest comparison I have ever read in my life! but it's so true! I'm a ginger too and if I tried to use the fake tanning and came out orange, unlike most people I wouldn't look like an oompa loompa...i'd look like an orangutan! omg I love that I'm totally using that now! :P

• Some girls look good with one others don't. Also, some people have a hard time tanning since their skin doesn't hold enough of a certain chemical.