Tornadoes have eyes?

i was telling a a cheesy joke,

Q: What did one tornado say to the other?

A: I've got my eye on you.

hahahaha [right?]. well, they didn't know that tornadoes have eyes...of course this made for an awkward joke. they claimed that they didn't know what a tornado's eye was due to their location as England doesn't have tornadoes. I was curious if others were in this same situation...

did you know that tornadoes have eyes? also, please state your location with the answer. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you're mixing up tornadoes with hurricanes.

What Guys Said 10

• I knew it, but honestly when you're in a location that doesn't suffer those things, you're more likely to heard of the eye of a hurricane or the eye of a storm. And twisters in movies etc... tend to be too thin to have an "eye" per se.

• I thought that was hurricanes?

• I knew they had eyes, & I'm from australia.

• Nope I didn't know, I always thought it was just hurricanes (Cyclones) that have 'eyes'. Guess I was wrong lol.

Tom from England

• hey! I'm English I knew that and so do hurricanes but its more common that we call it the EYE of the storm

• Both hurricanes and tornados have eyes.

• Its thee EYE OF THE TIGER

• LOL, yeah. Like the eye of the storm.

• 1) I know tornadoes have eyes.

2) That joke isn't funny anyways.

• Tornadoes do not have eyes Hurricanes have eyes.

What Girls Said 1

• I did know that, both tornadoes and hurricanes have eyes.. I'm in California