Girls, I heard that you dress up for other girls instead of your guy?

Is this true?

Why?

• YES I dress up for the girls!
  • No I dress up for my guy always .

Most Helpful Girl

• I was thinking about this the other day! I don't intend to dress for girls, but I do try to dress in a way that shows some personality and style, which I think girls tend to appriciate more than guys do...in fact, when I was thinking about this I wondered if some of my favorite clothes guys would consider sily or just wouldn't "get"...for example I have a pair of brown fringe boots (think pocahontas), I love them and my friends compliment them all the time, but I wonder what a guys perspective would be...hmm

• We wonder why the hell you're wearing Pocahontas boots. ;)

• its kinda cool. I've always been fascinated with the native american culture (politically correct?) so to see someone wearing something of the nature, is kinda cool. very nice idea, answerer

• nice! brown fringe boots would be for the winter time wouldn't you say?

What Girls Said 11

• I dress up for myself.

• It's both. Obviously I want my boyfriend to see me as attractive, so I do put effort into my looks because of him. But because I'm a girl I compare myself to other girls rather than to guys, so I don't want to look bad in contrast with other girls. It's like a competition thing.

• That said, I'm not one for dressing up a lot personally, but I do care how I appear to others no matter what I'm wearing.

• thats true its kinda like a "who's got the most style or who looks the best" etc but its equally for the guys if your going out on the pull..

• i dress up for myself really. because if I feel good, my man and other people around me will feel and see it.

• I do this because you have to keep up for your competition. Even tho it is a friend does not mean that you guys are not fighting to attract guys.

• I kinda sometimes well just dress to impress.

• No...I never dress for other girls...I dress for me and for the guys...

• we like to out shine one another. it's like we keep secret tallies in our heads.

ex: " my boobs looke better in my shirt than hers do " Tally for me

"Damn, her legs look better in those shorts" tally for her.

in then end, we do dress for our man ,but we need to out shine the other ladies first.

• that is true in a sense because girls are very critical of one another

• yeah I guess I do dress up for girls but in saying that, I also dress up for my guy. I want to look good for my guy/guys but I do care about how I appear to others and girls tend to be the judgmental ones. all in all though, I dress mainly for myself.

• i dress for me but I work in a place with all girls and I still dress up its part of being a girlie girl and loving fashion

What Guys Said 1