What's with guys and being against short hair?

Ok so I'm getting fed up with it. I've had five guys in the last two days say I have incredibly short hair and they hate it! I just don't get it, no affiliation with each other at all, and they go around telling me that sporting short hair is a turn off.

Who else thinks that's complete crap?

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually prefer short hair. When it comes to flirting and playing around it's much easier to kiss her neck and ears and stuff. Not to mention it looks gorgeous. You just happened to get comments from guys who think the opposite way. Also, when somebody radically changes their look by getting glasses or getting a new hairstyle or something, most people will react by saying it looks weird since they are so used to seeing you the other way. Once they get used to it they stop.

• Thanks :) Well I've had my hair this short for about three months now, people should be use to it by now. thanks for the comment :)

What Guys Said 19

• you'd be surprised at how many guys love long hair on girls there are exceptions of course but its possible those exceptions in guys you wouldn't want to date either most likely. long hair suggests especially if shiny ,silky and well cared for of the girl several things she's healthy and takes good care of herself all the way around. that doesn't mean it has to be to your ass (even though there are guys that like it that long also) but just below shoulder lenght is very attractive to most guys on girls. can be a very seductive thing when girls hair while laying down is spread out her head. that alone just the site can and does turn on guys alot.

short hair men see at times as a girl trying to look like a guy (unless the girl has the physical profile to pull off short hair) doesn't excite a guy as much. watch any romance movies were the lead girl has long hair and she's laying down and hair surrounding her head they make sure to hilite and make the head and hair seem to glow in that seductive sexy way . a girl with short hair in a movie can not pull that off sorry just personal opinion on that one.

• Not for me...some guys may not like it. It depends on the girl. SOme girls can get away with it. Some can't. The thing is a lot of dykes have short hair-so there's always that stigma. Most dikes are very unattractive anyway and want to be butch I think.

On the other hand, Emma Watson looks incredibly sexy and hot with her short pixie boyish hairdew. I may even like her better with short hair than the long her she had in Harry Potter. But as I said it's a very personal thing-just do what you like and 4get about what guys said.

• Your hair looks really good. I don't know what they're talking about.

• Two words: Halle Berry

• I'm not AGAINST it, but I DO think long hair on a girl is more pretty feminine. Now, if it's as short as Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) got after HP completed filming, I AM against that! She's a beautiful girl, or was, but now she has a guy's haircut N looks like a dike! What was the point of that? THAT'S COMPLETE CRAP!

• Look at my picture, my hair's not that short

• I know, yours is HELLA CUTE! I never meant to say it was. I'm just saying that's the only way I'd have a problem with short hair...

• We all have our preferences or standards. If they judged you bad just because of your hairstyle, then it seems their loss.

• A woman having hair shorter than Cassadee Pope's is a turn-off. And the only short hair style I like is her's.

• I'd bang the f*** out of you.

Some indian would have to scalp you before I'd think twice

• It's just a preference thing, ya know some guys like long hair on girls, some like short hair, some guys like meganekko, others don't some guys like flat chests, other like big boobs, some guys like girlie-girls, others like tomboys. I mean I prefer the short-haired flat chested, meganekko tomboy type. But, a close friend of mine prefers women that have average to large size busts, long hair and the girlie-girl type. So, yeah it's all personal preference.

• I don't mind short hair as long as you can rock it. The "bob" haircut is usually what I like best. No weaves or wigs please.

• i think long hair looks good on you...

short hair doesn't look tht crap...:)

infact try a messy look with some curls

that would look super-sexy

• Short hair is definitely not a turn off.

• its actually an evolutionary thing... in the ancestry times women with long hair tended to be more healthy, and that's why we prefer that, its instinctual

• If you still use this website, how about thiiiiis, in contrast; What do you think of guys with long hair? 'Cos if your against it, I hope you realize the Mass Hypocrisy =]

• I am not against it I think its cute and different.

• Well... Looks alright to me ;P. You're sexy

• I'm against short hair, but I don't think your hair is really that short (based on your profile pix). Your hair is fine.

But the reason that guys are against short hair on girls is that short hair is generally a masculine trait. Guys aren't attracted to girls with short hair the same way that guys aren't attracted to girls with beards.

• Doesnt bother me at all. As long as you don't have a buzzcut lol

• yeah its cute ,but not that sexy ...trying changing your attitude to go with your hair (feminine attitude) maybe that will be a turn on ...

What Girls Said 7

• Well my boyfriend and I shaved our heads for St. Baldric's day together. He buzzed it all off I left it... about a half inch long? And most guys thought I looked sexy or something... Either way that's become my official summer cut when the weather gets too hot to care about looking perfectly styled and pretty. It's also SO easy to maintain- hah.

So I think it's just some guys and you happen to only be interacting with them. I've always had my hair short, just varrying degrees there of. And no one's had a problem yet.

• I agree, I think short hair can look really awesome on girls. I think it sets girls apart from every other girl with basically the same hairstyle. I wish I could pull it off. :(

I think it may be because long hair is (not accurately) seen as more feminine.

• Those guys must have incredibly short d***s. There's nothing wrong with your hair, it's cute.

• Some guys just have a preference for what a girl would look like. One guy of mine thought that once girl gets married she would cut her hair shorter...I have no idea why he thought that...but yeah. I have long hair but short hair can look gorgeous on some girls, I don't know what their problem is! =]

• yeah your hair seems really short,

but my boyfriend likes short her, maybe a bit longer than yours

• I think its cause they think it's more women like.

• it might be crap but that's the way it is. studies have proved this