Why do girls use makeup so often?

for years girls have spent lots of money on makeup why guys never notice and the girls just admit to the entire world that its not their real face so why do they use it

so acording to the link if you put on makeup you change from a blond to a brunnette

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't wear any make up at all, don't want to waste money on it and time :) I don't need to wear make up to look good :)

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 20

• Well usually guys don't notice that a girl's even wearing makeup. What you may think is natural, is not in fact natural. Sure, some girls go overboard with it and then it's obvious to see, but a lot of the time it's subtle. You can kind of see the difference here link

I don't wear makeup unless I'm going to a party or going out for something important, and when I do wear it my friend helps out since I only know the basics. It takes up too much time to put it on and take it off, and mascara especially, I always end up rubbing off unintentionally. Also, once you get in the habit of wearing it to school it looks odd and noticeable if you just stop. It's just not my thing.

• oh, you can comment on my answer if you wish, I mean, if you're talking about my link. I think she's has dirty blond hair through and through, no color change. Her hair doesn't matter anyway, look at her face. This is another example link

• I don't wear makeup for guys, I use it as a form of artistic expression, because I like it. I don't care what guys think about it. They can take it or leave it. And literally about half the time, I don't wear makeup at all, period.

• I used to wear a loooot of makeup, because I was so embarrassed about my acne and scars. Makeup made it worse though; my skin doesn't react well with most makeups, besides those with natural ingredients, I found. Within the last few months I've been experimenting with natural products, homemade scrubs/masks/cleansers/toners, etc. My skin has now gotten to a point where it looks far clearer than when I did wear a lot of makeup. I still wear a translucent powder, but that is because sunscreen makes my face all greasy looking :(

• i don't wear any make up, mainly because its to much work. Putting it on, taking it off, finding what looks good on you and what makes you look like a cheap whore. Besides all that I don't want to buy it (not worth my money) and then when you're all old your skin looks like sh*t. So its not really my thing.

• So that we can feel accepted and pretty. Today's society has pounded the idea into our heads that we can not be beautiful without makeup. It is almost not acceptable in the girl world to not wear makeup and look as pretty as possible. We do it so we can feel pretty when we look in the mirror, so that we can be accepted in other girls eyes, and so that 'guys will like us'.

• Sometimes I wear it, sometimes I don't lol it honestly depends on my mood and what I'm doing. I usually don't wear any when I'm chilling with my friends or boyfriend, but I like to wear it every now and then to show that I do take time to fix myself up and try to look good, I feel fine without but when I have some on I just feel prettier, plus I hate my freckles haha

• I use foundation because I find my acne scars unsightly and want to cover them up. Everyone tells me I look so much better with eyeshadow and lipstick, so I wear it when I'm dressing to impress.

• Many have their reasons, I don't unless it is for pictures because the camera can make you look washed out.

• I don't wear makeup. I think it's fake. Maybe if I'm Trying to impress someone, which rarely happens, I wear a little bit of eyeliner and lipgloss. That's the most I've ever worn and will ever wear. I might have ance, but I'm smart enough to know that makeup will just make it worse. Especially, with my sensitive skin.

• Don't wear makeup, it bugs me and I rather be natural :)

• i don't at all but mostly cause they like to feel sexy pretty and ect...there are many reason its a girl thing

• if every girl on earth walked around without makeup for a day, you would understand why.

• i do it everyday :]

• i wear makeup alot. actually, I think the first time my boyfriend say me without makeup was the morning after the first time we slept together, and I spent the night at his house. I don't wear makeup if I'm just gonna be at my house all day, and my boyfriend sees me with makeup all the time now, but if I'm going out, I always put some makeup on.

• Confidence, mostly.

• Because we look better with it on.

• i don't wear make up... I think I'm fine just the way I am (:

• Because we look prettier it's just a real life photo shop it's magical lol

• Because it's fun.

• honestly it does make us look better but as for why we spend money on it it's the same reason you buy crap for your car...it's like our version of girl toys. it's just fun and we like it LOL

• guys notice. it's called subtle makeup. trust us when we say makeup makes us hotter

you have no idea what you're talking about

• "makeup makes us hotter" LOL

• right because women around the world shell out billions a year for cosmetic because there are no improvements in their appearance. use your head

• I'm 17, and I wear natural makeup pretty much everyday. I know that most guys don't notice the makeup (or you don't think you do) but I don't mind because I wear makeup primarily for myself because I do feel much more confident in myself when I do which might sound silly to you but personally I enjoy putting on makeup and getting dressed up. I like to think that I keep it natural though.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, some girls a just so ugly on the inside that they can't go on living without being pretty on the outside. The feel the need to attract attention and be the most beautiful girl in the room, turning heads and not looking ugly, so they'll put massive amounts of makeup on to simply hide behind. Not all girls are like that, though.

Others just feel the need to look nice to others and it helps keep them calm - feeling ugly around a midst of attractive people is enough to lower anyones mood, so some girls like to go one step further than others by putting on ample amounts of makeup believing it will make them look prettier or simply blend in.

Others just wear it because it's nice, you know? Putting some eyeliner on or blush, maybe lipstick and going out for a night makes girls feel special and happy about themselves inside, and that's good. One night of enjoyment simply by wearing lots of makeup can potentially leave a mark inside her mind for the rest of her life.

And of course you also get those slutty girls who wear lots of makeup in the hopes that it'll make a lot of people, largely guys, stare and drool all over her, while thinking about ripping off her clothes, and so on. Attention seeking whores doesn't go amiss, here.

Others wear it to look nice for their boyfriend. They do it out of love, and choose to wear so much to look good to him, perhaps out of inferior feelings thinking he'll leave her or not love her so much if she doesn't look pretty for him...or she does this to stop him from looking at other girls, again by attempting to put flowers to shame, and such.

It can also be worn in correct doses to hide what girls think are defects - such as freckles or spots, and such. Again it ties into looking pretty and blending in, and not standing out as some ugly freak no one wants to talk to. Girls, especially the young ones, do so enjoy being paranoid about their looks.

Some girls just experiment, and chances are what you might see as a freakish amount of makeup or a hideous combination is just them trying to work out what it's like when applied to the surrounding people in her life, and stuff. They don't like societies misconceptions stop them from expressing themselves, anyway.

Despite all this, I still think the best types of girls are the types who don't need makeup to look pretty, and therfore don't choose to wearing much if at all. My girlfriend wears none, and she still manages to look like the most beautiful thing that walks this planet, to me.

It's all a matter of opinion. Those are my thoughts and opinions on the matter - I hope they make sense. :)

• Thing is guys do notice we just don't notice that we notice. There have been plenty of times where I think a girl is incredibly natural, then one day I'll see her and be like "oh snap what's different" as it turns out: lack of makeup.

• A lot of guys don't know the difference between natural makeup and literally no makeup because natural makeup is the new thing. This picture shows natural makeup on the left and no makeup on the right, but I bet most guys wouldn't notice her makeup if she was wearing it on both sides: link

• because we have a twisted and sad culture that warps reality to such an extent that even when guys say "I DON'T LIKE MAKEUP" a lot of women pass it off as a fluke for the one guy or that guys are just saying that to get on girls' good sides.

Sorry if I bummed you out with this. The world's a f***ed up place.