Tan vs. Average tone.

I'm just curious about what guys will say about this topic.

Pretty much all the hype for guys and girls now is to be completely tan, so many of my friends go to tanning beds daily or get spray- ons, I don't get it personally.

I have more fair skin myself and usually just burn. (I'm not pasty, but I wouldn't call myself tan either).

So guys, Is a tan girl more attractive then one with a fair or average skin tone ? Which do you prefer, and why does it seem to matter so much.

Girls are free to answer as well, bad spray -on tan stories? Do you go to tanning beds regularly and why.

Most Helpful Guy

• The majority of women look better with no tan. Getting a tan from the sun is more of a benefit for a person then a tanning bed. So if you're going to get a tan then go tan in the sun. I usually find pale women to be more attractive than women with a tan.

• well, what if a girl has naturally tan/olive skin tone? do we just buy a lot of really pale makeup, and stay away from water? lol :)

• Lmfao ! you could. just love the skin you have, tan a definite bonus.

• @serena7 If you have naturally tan/olive skin tone then just accept the way you are.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't have a huge preference either way. I'm more focused on the body than on the skin tone, but for skin tone it'll depend on things like eye or hair color and it REALLY isn't a huge deal.

I will say that spray on tans look bad in my opinion, or maybe I just haven't seen a good one yet. Also, I'm not a fan of tanlines, ESPECIALLY on the breasts. And they look, worse the greater the contrast between the tanned and untanned skin. So if you DO tan, my preference is that it be topless. Bottomless is nice too, but not as big a deal. And the tanline left from a thong or a g-string can look pretty sexy.

• True, I like natural. Getting a spray- on and walking around like an orange isn't my thing either. Lmao next time I tan I'll remember to wear just a G-string, my boyfriend would love that..

If it depends on eye colour (Hazel/Green), and hair (Dirty blonde).. Tan or fair, preference ?

• Yeah he would! LOL! Hey you asked! I was just telling you what I like! Ha! Yeah--the orange looks is way not hot. Looks like a victim of a chemical spill or radiation exposure.

If you usually burn but don't tan, I'd say don't worry about it Honestly, for me at least, the preference is SO slight that I can't even tell you based on just eye and hair color. I'd actually need to see the before and have some idea of what the after would look like color wise.

• Ok unless you know precisely what you are doing stay the f*** away from the spray tan. Orange skin, no matter what shade is such a huge turn off it's not even funny. Spray tan will most likely(temporarily) ruin your looks point blank period.

Tanning beds are fine, just the same as the sun really minus the tanning lines, which I have to say is sexier. So if you must tan I'd say go for complete natural tanning or tanning beds.

Otherwise don't waste your time skin tone is not that important. It's a lot more about your body shape, boobs, ass, legs, face, eyes, hair, style and smell than it is about skin tone.

Personally I opt for slight natural tanning. It does make me look slightly better than the winter white. And I enjoy being in the sun as much as I can.

• Well, I like both of them; I kind of base my judgment on facial traits. But I do have the tendency to like the faired-skin girl more (as I'm really tanned, and I'm usually apply the principle of 'opposite attracts').

What Girls Said 2

• I think guys like gals with no tan. Some gals I know go so overboard, that it is not even exaggerating when I say they were the colour of cheese puffs O.o One of my mates got really tanned and I put a cheese puff right next to her arm- the gal was only a small shade lighter 0_0 Guys (at least I presume) aren't attracted to cheese flavoured crisps :D

• A skin can't get any whiter then mine. I'm serious, in midwinter I can be almost a ghost.

Even in midsummer I'm whiter then any average person in midwinter!

An hour in the sun without protection and I'm a lobster...

With blue/green eyes and strawberry blond hair, a few summer freckles on the nose, it's natural. So I don't do tanning. And I don't understand why people would; it's unnatural, hell for your skin and it takes a lot of time and effort.

• I feel yea, I stay outside for a day and end up looking like a lobster. I'll def stick to natural, its better.