He was looking for the girl he wanted to marry?? Girls, how would you feel?

A guy you were on a first date with told you straight up that he was looking for the girl he wanted to marry? Would you be suspicious of his intentions or what, just want to figure out if this is a good idea or not. I don't want to just get into the girls pants, is there anyway I can relay my intentions to her and get taken seriously?

Thanks for all the advice, appreciate it

Most Helpful Girl

• Well don't blurt out "I'm looking for my future wife!" because you will put too much pressure on her, and it might make the date awkward. However, it is perfectly OK and a good idea to mention that you are looking for a serious relationship. I would just leave out the marriage part, unless she asks you about it. Always be honest and be yourself...otherwise you won't find what you're looking for. Ask her questions about what she wants and what she's looking for...you'll be able to tell if she's on the same page as you. Girls who want serious relationships will appreciate your honesty. The ones who don't want to be serious, or who are unsure, might get freaked out but at least you will know not to waste your time.

First dates should be about having fun and seeing if your personalities click. Focus on having a good time and getting to know what her interests are, etc. See if you two have anything in common first. If the date is going well and you like her, then maybe casually ask her what she's looking for (serious relationship, a fling, just a good time, etc) Don't worry, you'll find your perfect girl soon!

What Girls Said 6

• I would really respect that about you. To me, dating is to find someone you would like to marry. If anything I would be impressed.

• I would definitely be suspicious...but if the vibe I get from him and the way he says it doesn't seem suspicious then it would lessen it. However I wouldn't tell her because that might freak her out, especially if she isn't at the moment. I know that if a guy told me that I would not be ready for that type of commitment, and I would think that I shouldn't go out with him.

• I'd be scared.

You can say that you want a long-term relationship, or that you're no one night guy or whatever.

But marriage? First date?

Hell no.

• kk long term relationship, thanks for the help

• That would make me a little uncomfortable. Just get to know the girl better before you mention things of that nature.

• Honestly, anything you say on the first date or before I really know you will be under my suspicious eye of "he's just trying to get laid". But I would appreciate a guy being upfront and stating what he's looking for so we don't both waste each others time. I don't want to sound mean but I don't generally put much stock into what a guy says in the early parts of the relationship. I'll listen to it, and file it in my head but I won't really take it to heart because there is a chance he's saying that because he thinks it'll help him get into my pants.

Just say you're looking for a LTR, the "m-word" might scare the girl off

• Hmm, I don't think I would tell her that on the first date. After you have had a few dates, you might ask her where she sees your relationship going. If you get a positive response from her, then you might tell her she's a really great person, you'd like to get to know her a lot better, and you are looking for more than just a casual dating relationship, ie. you are looking for Miss Right, and you would like to see where your friendship with her might lead...then ask her what she feels about that.. Don't get discouraged if she says she isn't ready for commitment, just be a gentleman and follow her lead. If you are patient and it is a good match, she will come around. If you push or rush her, she may run!

What Guys Said 0