How much do looks matter in a relationship?

If you are going to be "in a relationship" with someone how much weight do you put on their looks?

Most Helpful Guy

• I basically need to be attracted to her, but beyond that, they're a bonus. I've said it many times about how looks will get my attention, personality will keep me. Basically what it comes down to is looks are the easiest way to get my attention, however they're not the only way. If I'm with a girl that I'm attracted to, she doesn't have to be a total knock out. I don't really know how much weight I put on them, it's not so much a rating system as a "yes" or "no" situation in which case, not that much.

What Guys Said 2

• I put a lot of weight on looks. Whether you're in a long term committed relationship or a one night stand, it starts with attraction.

• 61%

What Girls Said 3

• 60% (personality) 40% (looks). You really need to be somewhat attracted to who your dating, I mean they can't totally repulse you. but I'd take personality over anything.

• i need to be attracted to him, but he doesn't have to be gorgeous

• Not very much. I mean it's nice if you're physically attracted to them. I've found though, especially in this relationship I'm in now, that when someone has an amazing personality that person can become 1000 times more attractive to you.

My boyfriend is average looking to most but there is no guy in the world I'd rather be with.