Would guys notice me more if I wore brighter clothing?

Here is the sort of thing I tend to wear (I don't have an account on a site where I can upload a photo here so I'll try to describe it)..

-blue grey patterned tank, dark brown cords or blue, cow boy boots or lace up boots (leather), dark olive green long, open sweater (aka not a cardigan), dark purple scarf. This is the sort of thing I like to wear... but do guys prefer like brighter colors? I dressed rather depressed (i'd like to think artistically), but I am not when you talk to me... but I do WANT guys to talk to me.. does that sound not very approachable?

It's spring now. ... what would you like to see a girl wear?

Most Helpful Guy

• That sounds awesome! That's my favorite kind of things for girls to wear. My BFF is quite slender N in great shape, but when she wears those type of colors she looks even slimmer than in brighter, less soft ones. Not that bright ones make her look heavy at all, but I like softer, pastel-like colors on girls best...

• so, soft pastels or artsy/slightly grunge.. but not bright bright?

• That's my fave, but if you're slim N PREFER the brighter colors You could pull it off. It sounds like You look great already tho...

• eww. I don't think so, but hey! thanks! lol

What Guys Said 3

• Wearing bright colours like neons are ideal for catching people's attention. Once you have guys looking at you, make sure your body language is inviting. Smile, keep your head up, good posture, keep your arms from in front of you and look at whoever you want to approach you often and hold their gaze. This will raise the chances of guys approaching you.

~Distant

• Distant your my rival just a fyi

• I agree! You've answered many of my questions before and your answers are great! .. maybe you should start an advice blog or something.

• I'm not so sure I would be good at writing Blogs, haha. I honestly wouldn't even know how to go about it! I'm just glad to help :D

~Distant

• That might work, but make sure you don't look like you are in a bad mood or like you don't want to talk. That might fix it without you having to wear something brighter.

• if your fat, bright colors would be a no... if your hot... I could careless what you wear.

• I'm not fat.. and I wouldn't say that I am hot. I wish I were hot. That's why I am asking. Since my body doesn't usually draw attention (my face does, and it's humiliating at times).. idk, I tend to get noticed by many people.. except for guys MY AGE. grr.

What Girls Said 1

• It's funny you should ask that. I wore a bright green shirt the other day-- not neon green but very springy and brighter than what I normally wear-- and about a half dozen random people struck up a conversation with me. That never happens and hasn't happened since, so I'm inclined to believe it's the shirt.