Is it a turn off to have one of those big Italian families?

I'm a 16 year old guy in high school I'm 25% Italian and my Grandpapa's side of the family is VERY Italian like mafia kind of Italian. We all dress in Mediterranean fashion and we come from northern Italy so we are all fare and dark haired. I know some girls to who this is a turn off. I wanna know how much of a turn off and how many girls find it so? Also a few of my family do have mob connections is this bad for dating prospects?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a turn off when I have to meet a guy's parents and family. No matter how sweet/nice/big/small.

And the mob connections will only result in her being afraid to dump you.

What Girls Said 4

• Ugh, sounds like my dad's side of the family. Are they as equally intolerant of everyone but other Italians like mine is?

• Yeah it would be if they want a report card on the girls' sex life and family history or whatever.

• What? that's super sexy!! Those girls are crazy. sure i would be worried if you joined the mob, but a relationship work both ways!

Don't change for anyone!

• Big families wouldn't be intimidating to me. I have always gotten along well with all my bf's family. My family is kind of the same way - so I guess I understand the expectations and know how to interact appropriately and with the necessary respect. I'm not sure that most Americans would understand what I mean by that, tho? I guess it all depends on the individual. Someone suggested talking to your family - well Talking to my family really wouldn't help much - they're set in their ways with many old fashioned ideas and customs from the 'old country' that are not going to change. They are what they are - so why should I try to make them something they're not. If the person is someone I care about and someone I hope sticks around - they may as well see what they're getting themselves into from the get go. That's how I see it anyway. Good luck to you!

What Guys Said 2

• i would talk to your family and let them know the way the act really scares girls off. ask the mto please let you have some privacy and let you do your thing. compromise with them and say that if you get a girlfriend then they can see her. good luck man!

• Wow, get off your high horses, seriously, that's a reason why girls wouldn't like you.

You're 16, I doubt she's thinking about marrying you, none of that stuff matters

• Uh yah it does! My family insists they meet all my girl friends and they got to go threw everything ^ and meet my family. I actually hate it and I'm not on a "high horse" I'm telling it as it is so you can get off yours and stop acting like you know more then what's there ^ and take it at face value.