Girls, share your skin and hair recipes, please?

Within the last year or so I've pretty much gotten rid of all my cleansers, exfoliants, toners, etc. And have replaced them with homemade, natural ingredient concoctions. My skin is a million times better now because of it. Now I'm starting to get rid of other chemical-filled products and am experimenting with various recipes I find on the web.

My shampoo has recently been switched out for a local brand that sells SLS free, all natural ingredient soap, yay! Before that I tried baking soda and apple cider vinegar, but I couldn't take another week of the greasy period.

My makeup has also mostly been done away with, I use an all natural translucent powder for the most part. Still experimenting to be able to replace the occasional concealer, mascara and eyeliner.

I really enjoy experimenting to find out what works best for my skin and knowing that I'm not putting a bunch of possibly harmful chemicals on my body. Girls, do you have any face/body/hair, etc care/product recipes that have worked for you? Any that you would advise against?

Most Helpful Girl

• I make my own castile soap which is made from vegetable oil ( you can use coconut, almond, jojoba, hemp or olive oil) and lye. I use it for laundry, dish soap, toothpaste(I add baking soda), body wash, to wash my dogs, etc.. I add essential oils depending on what I'm using it for. (tea tree oil (for laundry), lemon(dishes+hand soap), lavender(body wash), peppermint (toothpaste)..etc) My hair is self washing (I don't use soap or conditioner) I will rinse it with water once and awhile and condition the ends using shea butter, jojoba oil, avacado oil, olive oil, lavender oil.. whatever I feel like really. I get all my oils from ebay or swansonvitamins.com(they have the best prices, get coupon codes at retailmenot.com). I am also getting into making my own mineral makeup from oxides and micas from tkbtrading.com or coastalscents.com. It so good to hear other people are getting into making their own stuff too! It really is the best for your skin and hair and the earth. have fun! and feel free to ask me questions! This is a passion of mine:)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• i use clinique's clay mask. it's awesome

• i use a concoction of granulated sugar+honey+lime juice to exfoliate my facial skin. the lemon part works to "fight" my oily skin.