How much, if any, makeup should men wear?

its a stereotype that only women should wear makeup. women pride themselves on good skin, so why shouldn't men as well? if it works for women, itll work for men but why is there this stereotype that only women should use it.

so if we can, how much should men really use until it seems "too weird"

reason I'm asking this is because there's a guy who I see every week wearing very little makeup but you can tell he has it on, yet he's married and has two kids. so obviously it can be done without a stigma attached to it

Most Helpful Girl

• You guys have the right to be as ugly as you want,w/o getting pressured into looking better with makeup and clothes,now why would you want to raise expectations? If you really want to wear some,a guy in my school used to wear concealer,noone even noticed,and if you're emo you can wear eyeliner,anything more would be silly when compared to the usual way men look,but,androgyny is all the rage these days,so do what you want.

• I agree to a certain extent that the media targets women far more than men, but don't be fooled as to say that we aren't pressured into looking better.

• well of course you are,but you guys usually are pressured into working out,while girls are pressured into painting their faces

What Girls Said 7

• tinted moisturizer and clear mascara. make sure it's undetectable by the untrained eye.

• That's a horrible silly stereotype I know. Personally though men with good skin (unless their Goth or girly) shouldn't. I've always loved how quickly men can get ready.

• once you get into the make up world its a pain in the butt if one day you happen to not wearyour foundation and concealer everyone would be like "omg you look .. sick, what's wrong?"

• None

• sorry its a double standard, boys should not wear makeup

• if its a double standard that means boys CAN and should wear makeup. the guy in my status proves it

• none. I wouldn't be into someone who wore makeup

• i think any amount of makeup on a man (outside costume or TV studio) is just weird and unmanly. I wouldn't date a guy who wore makeup on his skin. most guys I know have decent skin so they don't need it. I'm sure there are some women out there who won't mind but I'm not one of them.

What Guys Said 2

• If you put any on, its too weird to a lot of people. But there are a lot of people who really don't care - in my experience, the latter outweighs the former, even though the former is so much more vocal about it. I don't think there should be a level or limit someone shouldn't breach, really, its however much or little they wanna put on, male or female. =] I wear a lot of f***ing makeup.

• By the way, are you one of those people who wants to wear makeup and still be seen as masculine? I've noticed a few people on here with that mindset, and like... I really don't get it. To me makeup will always be a feminine thing, wether its followed by a stigma or not. Even during the time when it was only worn by men, like during the Rococo period, it was still very feminine, and always considered such.

• if you wear makeup you need to have your balls checked.