Wife has breast cancer, is it OK to leave her?

I'm not married but I was thinking about this scenario. Men, say you are married, you think she is attractive but she finds out she has breast cancer and then she goes through chemo and loses her hair and possibly has to have a breast removed and you don't find her attractive anymore and possibly see her as less of a woman because lets face it she has 1 boob and a scarred up chest. is it justifiable to leave her? I mean you could wait for her to either lose the battle of until she is through with chemo and healthy again

• Yes it is OK to leave her
  • No it is not OK to leave her

Most Helpful Girl

• Men are visual characters therefore women need to continuously keep up their looks. Getting cancer can really screw up the way a woman looks, so during chemo she needs to keep herself looking good. Wear a wig, get implants afterward, get laser treatment for scars and keep fit. It is OK to leave because guys want good looking girls, not unhealthy ugly girls

• WTF? So if she's fighting for her life she should do all that sh*t to keep HIM happy? That's bull sh*t, if he really loved her he would think she's beautiful anyway and stay with her and support her...

• Men only view a woman as a "f*** toy" if she is constantly objectifying herself in a sexual manor and not bringing any other kind of interaction to the table. All men do not view all women as "f*** toys"

• what the f*ck is wrong with people these days..

this world makes me sick.

What Girls Said 16

• sure you can leave but you look like a piece of sh*t. well not look like you are

• What the f***? The whole purpose of getting married is to stay with the person you love forever, you don't even need to be married for that! Obviously you wouldn't love her if you were willing to leave. I have a high chance of developing breast cancer, so its nice to know where some guys stand on that.

My mom's chest isn't all scarred up, she has both of her boobs and they're real, and her hair has grow back.

People like that give no help to people in my situation and others who have the possibility of developing it, or have it already.

That is really shallow by the way.

What about women? You asked only men, so would it be not okay if a guy was to develop cancer? Not saying it is, because I would never leave him for that, even if he was only a boyfriend.

• So you married her only because you liked the way she looked? I can't even express how horrible I think it is that you'd consider leaving her over that. This is a time she needs you most.

• So, when you get married you'll be wanting to change the vows so they say for richer and in health but none of the bad stuff? What kind of relationship is that? Seriously now...Does this mean that when your wife gets wrinkles, or grey hairs or stretch marks from giving birth you'll leave her because she's 'damaged goods'?

Relationships are not all about appearances, ones that are will be doomed to fail. I hope you learn this sooner rather than later.

• How shallow is that..

I honestly can't believe someone would ask this, or justify leaving their s/o when their going through something like that.

You obviously have never loved anyone. When you finally do you'll understand, youd do anything for them and stand beside them through any situation.

• a real man wouldn't leave his wife. just an a**hole would do that. a lot of people I know have gone through breast cancer and lost breast and their husbands still love them. Looks aren't everything those who really find love is what's inside not looks

• oh my god I cannot believe this question. your disgusting. no if you love the girl thenb who gives a sh*t is she doesn't look her best. and you would be just screwed up if you left her because she is ugly on the outside honestly. and best answer my ass. the women is battling cancer sure its nece to look good but she shudnt care if she is battling sucha life threatening disease so an man who leaves his wife because she is ugly due to her battle with breast cancer can just go to hell in my mind

• No because you married her for her personality.

• and THIS is why girls become lesbians

• my dad didn't leave my mom when she had breast cancer, he told her he still found her beautiful even after she lost her hair. she hated how she looked so he bought her some really nice human hair wigs made especially for her, he was there for her through everything. in return my mom stood by his side until he died...they really did love one another. I know I'm a girl but I just wanted to answer...i think a guy would stay if he was truly in love and not shallow

• Well wouldn't that just show you're shallow and truly ONLY care about her physical appearance? But if that who you are as a person then I guess.

• That guy is obviously married to her for her body and not her personality...so I honestly doubt that marriage would last very long whether she had cancer or not.

• how is this even a question? teachers always told me there's

no such thing as a stupid question, but THIS, is a very stupid question.

the answer is obviously HELL NO.

• I hope people don't get married just for looks. If he doesn't care about her then he should leave her. No one needs to make a poor cancer women feel worse than she already does. But what kinda person would be that vain?

• That would be cruel, when you marry someone you love them deeply and you are willing to stay by their side under any situation.

• No. You should stand beside her..be together in the good & the bad times. If you did so, that's considered betrayal...

What Guys Said 10

• That would be a real d*** move if you did. How would you feel about your wife leaving you if you got testicular cancer?

• That would be pathetic of you to do.

• F*** no! I would never just ditch someone like that. That's when they need you the most.

• Only if you're a Republican.

• I see I'm not the only one who though of Newt Gingrich when reading this...

• And the moron thinks he can run for President.

• You're f***ed up dude, now people will expect you to be by her side like forever, because if you leave her(whatever your reasons may be) you're a coward and a vain person.

• i have seen your answers and you can't call anyone vain

• you called me a coward and vain in your answer

• he called you vain IF you did that, which is actually pretty nice compared to what every other person with feelings would call you.

• God no -_- don't get married if you don't love her enough to stick with her through thick and think (this is a general "you" not you you).

• "through good times and bad times"

• people survive cancer too why leave your partner when you say you would be there when things are at there worse, id stay yo

• oh sh*t!

• lol morals are subjective bro, but if you leave her it shows what kinda person you are.