Girls, at what age did you start wearing make up?

what grade, age and stuff you used (like eyeliner, foundation, lipstick etc.)

me? I don't really wear make up everyday... just sometimes when I'm bored and I feel like putting some on (which is like once every 4 months or something)

and, also you can say no if you don't ever wear make up..

Most Helpful Girl

• I started using lip gloss in 6th grade or so as well as what I now regard as bad makeup choices like bright cream eyeliner and glitter gel on my cheeks. Haha I had no clue what I was doing back then. Startin freshman year of high school I started getting good at makeup with foundation, blush, tasteful e/s and assorted lip stuff. Junior year onwards I got more artistic and now I can do pretty much any look I could want. I even bought some books about eye makeup for inspiration. It's totally my addiction.

Just one more thing. Not to sound preachy but please support cruelty free cosmetics brands! There is no reason to test makeup on animals when so many beauty junkie humans are willing test subjects ;) I personally love urban decay and assorted small shops on etsy

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 14

• Thirteen. Well, a couple times in 6th-7th grade I might have snuck some contraband mascara or lip gloss on special occasions, but yeah, not regularly until like halfway through eighth grade. And I went straight from wearing basically nothing to wearing foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eyeliner, mascara, etc. Just cause I felt like it one day, hahah.

• I was maybe 12 when I started. My first makeup was loose powder and mascara. I went through a kinda dark phase when I was 13 and tried the whole smudgy eyeliner/ grey and black eye shadow look slowly learned more and more until at 17 I can do it all. On an average day I usually wear mineral foundation, blush, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and occasionally some lip gloss (I have naturally dark lips so I don't actually need lip products). Love it.

• My mother wouldn't let me wear makeup when I lived in the house, so I had to wait until I was 18 and in college to start wearing it.

• That really sucks! :(

• The only downside is that I'm 21 and only now learning how to do various makeup looks. I feel very behind the times.

• i wasn't good at putting on makeup nor did I bother to wear it till 8th grade

• I didn't start wearing anything really until 11th grade. I only used and still use just foundation and mascara.

• Around 13 or 14.

• Well the first time I wore make-up was 9 months old sat in a nappy with red lipstick smeared up my face ha ha :) I only wear make up when I'm going out wiv the girlies and special occasions :) ha ha which is very rarely :)

• I think I was about 13 and I literally wore the tinyest bit of light brown eyeliner now I wear cover-up and dark brown eyeliner everyday sometimes I wear mascara but I try not to because it is really bad for my eyelashes :P

• First time I applied make-up, I was 15.

• I think I was 11.

That was eyeliner..

• i started in like 6th grade with light eyeliner. and then I discovered other makeup as I got older

• 13/14.

• i used lipgloss since I was very young, a little powder when I was 13, mascara and sometimes light eyeliner and powder (only when I was going to a special occasion) when I was 14.

Everything (foundation, powder, eyeliner, mascara) when I was 15 on the weekends and when I went out, but only mascara foundation at school.

when I was 16 I wore foundation, powder, eyeliner and mascara everyday and only really started wearing eyeshadow on special occasions

(im 17 now.)

• college