Why do guys wear T-shirts under T-shirts sometimes?

I don't get it. Someone please tell me the reasoning behind this.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if maybe I'm a freak or just the only guy that admits this but it's because guys sweat a lot and if I happen to do some activity that makes me sweat I don't want my sweat to show through my clothes. The first shirt absorbs the sweat and keeps the nice shirt I wear on the outside form getting deodorant stains.

What Guys Said 3

• Because the sleeves, neck and sometimes the bottom of the under t-shirt are shown. It adds style to the bland colour of one t-shirt.

~Distant

• I typically do so for two reasons. First, layering allows me to cool off as necessary (it gets friggin hot down here). Second, the heat allows for large amounts of sweating, and giant wet spots all over doesn't make for a very good appearance.

• I wear an undershirt under my T shirt during the early parts of spring and the late parts of fall because it helps with keeping warm.

What Girls Said 6

• for the same reason why girls wear tank tops over tank tops. style

• hm... I never understood that style. its uncomfortable. (possibly because I'm too fat for that...idk..)

• LOL yea it kinda does make you really hot but it kinda hides the rolls a little bit if you are a tad chubby :P it also makes your torso look longer.

• it really just make me look bulkier. and I'm tall to the point where the cami under tank top makes me look shorter. I guess it would work for some though.

• my brother does it cause he doesn't want to look like a gay spanish dancer,showing chest-not cute on chubby guys,well it's sort of douchey on any guy to be honest

• It's a good style. Layering has been in for ever. Not only for guys but for girls too. T-shirt on t-shirt looks great. Especially when they are completely different collies, and you roll up the sleeves. Try it sometime. Very cute.

• sometimes because they don't like the collar . mainly tho it they are skinny they don't look as skinny lol

• I like it

• often