Is being a little quiet really that unforgivable that I'm not worth getting to know?

Sure I'm not the life of the party, I'll admit that. I'm not really that experienced at getting girls either and usually end up amazed/pissed at how easily other guys can play a girl that I'm genuinely interested in. I just wish that being a little shy/quiet didn't make me the equivalent of a leper. I'm completely confident in everything BUT girls since I have not had one relationship where she didn't completely screw me over. I really don't get it how I have a hard time dating since I'm in shape now, am 6'4", work as an analyst in the navy, play lacrosse, bass guitar, do MMA, volunteer with kids and dogs, and I am starting a business on the side. I don't think I'm unattractive but who knows? How could I have such an awesome fulfilling life but be completely and utterly undateable? I can't count how many times I've been friend zoned. Are there any girls that would overlook my initial shyness and get to know me?

Most Helpful Girl

• good looking quiet guys are intimidating. I've met guys like you and I've assumed they just werent interested in me. if a guy doesn't talk to me I just assume he's either in a relationship or I'm not his type. the guys who get girls are the ones who go after them. it's not anything that's wrong with you, but I guarantee if you did what they did INITIALLY TO GET THE GIRL'S ATTENTION you could get girls. you're expecting girls to overlook your shyness when it's typically the guy who initiates getting to know the girl. it's just how society is, I'm not saying it's right but when I meet a guy that's fairly attractive with all his sh*t together but he barely talks to me, I think he probably isn't attracted to me or is either taken or could do better than me. that's all you have to do, you have everything else right just let women know you're interested!

What Girls Said 1

• Well, from my experience, I've liked this guy for awhile who is really shy, and I get the intention from his friends that he likes me, but I'm never entirely sure, and because he's a little awkward around me, it's awkward for me, as a shy girl, to make a move, so I continue to wait for him to do something. Still, the more I wait, the less patient I get, especially when there are other guys coming into my life who are actually asking me out on dates and don't make me question whether or not they're interested. It just gets frustrating and messes with my emotions because I never know if I'm wasting my time being hung up on this guy who might not even like me.

I'm a definite sucker for shy guys, but if you don't let the girl know you like them, they probably are going to feel uncomfortable expressing that to you unless they're really outgoing and forward. But trust me, there are girls out there who like shy guys.

• see the thing is, If I can get her phone number I'm good because I can say anything with a text and it doesn't bother me and at that point I am very blunt about liking a girl so she won't wonder about it.

What Guys Said 5

• Who ever told you that your a worthless unforgivable whatever? Dude attitude confidence and don't back down from your interests ... If a chic digs ya PURSUE HER... Not stock or freak her out, but stay strong in your convictions...

• You have all the accolades that a girl wants, but your presentation might be whack.

A better wardrobe and perhaps an improvement of dermal and oral hygiene would get you girls regardless, since you already fit most of what they look for. Most of the guys who talk a lot of game are making up for what they lack, so just make sure you don't lack much.

• In my experience they'll rarely put fourth the effort. This is one of those things you just have to work around yourself.

• It's not unforgivable that your are quiet. You current relationship situation is just a consequence of you being quiet. If you wish to improve your dating life, you will have to force yourself to be more talkative and approach strangers.

• Consider going blue-on-blue, if civilian girls just don't cut it. You'd be surprised how much more open navy chicks will be to male shipmates...especially when you're stuck in the middle of the Atlantic with the same girls for 6 months.

• I'm attached to the Eisenhower and its not going anywhere anytime soon so I will likely spend my entire sea rotation in this small ass town.

• If you're in Norf***, it isn't that bad...most of the chicks in their are nasty anyway, so you shouldn't have a problem getting with any. You know how it is: ugly = more accepting.

• I wish I was in Norf*** still... I'm in Fallon...