I really need eye-shadow help?

I'm not really the make up type but I brought eye-shadow for the first time but it doesn't stay on -.- it barely shows. So can anyone give me like a good (cheap) brand that stays on & works with tan skin...or any tips to help it stay on. I'm really bad with make-up stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go on etsy and buy sobe botanicals primed and proper. It isn't that expensive and does a good job keeping my eyeshadow looking good as new all day. But the shadow you described seems very poor quality because it should show up decently without primer. The drugstore shadows are all hit or miss and you'll save yourself tons of money and frustration by buying good quality makeup to start out with. It helps beginners do their makeup much better and is so smooth it's nearly impossible to get wrong. I buy urban decay's palettes because they are a better deal and I also like buying e/s off of etsy if I don't have a lot of money to spend at the time. The best brand I have found there so far is shiro cosmetics. also buy a book of eyeshadow looks to guide you and get you started with a variety of looks. My favorite is "eye candy" by Linda mason. Also search on youtube to find a beauty blogger whose style you like and you can steal her looks. Hope this helps and welcome to the wonderful and addictive world of makeup!

• omg this is amazing. Thank you SOO much (:

• You're welcome. Always happy to help with makeup advice because I'm such a beauty junkie. I especially love urban and etsy because it's easier to find cruelty free stuff. And thanks for best answer! :D

What Guys Said 1

• well I do'nt have any ingo on makeup but I do know that you can google anything.

If you don't get any useful answers here try use google and search the brand your using and add something like "wont stand on"- " Fades away".

You might have to mix with words to find a link where the issue is discussed.

What Girls Said 8

• If you're eye shadow is fading throughout the day, you might want to try an eye shadow primer, like Urban Decay's at Sephora.

You simply apply the primer before applying eyeshadow, and that should make the shadow stay put for the whole day. However, if you're not willing to shell out the dough, may I suggest high-pigment eyeshadow? It tends to be more saturated, and therefore longer-lasting.

A great drugstore brand for highly pigmented eyeshadow is L'Oreal Paris' HiP line; the shadow comes in loose powder so that you can make your look as subtle or intense as you like, and the kit comes with an application brush. Each HiP kit costs $12, which is a bargain compared to the high-pigment shadows by MAC, which run anywhere from $20 to $40.

Hope this helps,

-A

• I'm not that into makeup but my friend gives me her old stuff and I find that Urban Decay is the best, though it is $14 for each eye shadow at Ulta. Drug store brands are generally really light and chalky, but youtube make up gurus can tell you which ones are good to buy from drugstores. If your crafty you can make your own shadows from tkbtrading.com or coastalscents.com. Watching makeup reviews on youtube will save you money from buying products that don't work. If want to make the stuff you bought work try putting concealer on your lids before so the shadow will stick and last longer.

• omg this was very helpful. Yea my friend made (well not made) but like persuaded me to buy a concealer but it didn't help. But I looked it up...apparently deodorant helps haha. but thank you very much(:

• Too Faced Shadow primer! Also the brand "Flirt" at Kohls is great quality and very reasonably priced!

• E.L.F (eyes lip face) is really inexpensive. Pretty much all my products are from there. Make up brushes are only a dollar, same with concealers, eyeahadows, primers, foundation, eyeliners, blushes, and some from their studio line is $3.00. I mean they're no Mac, but for the price it's pretty good quality. I have a thirty-two eyeshadow pallatte from their website for only $5.00. I'm sorry, I'm going on and on, I just love cheap things!

• omg I am definitely looking this up. I love cheap things also and this sounds like an amazing bargain. For a starter make up it sounds amazing. Thank you so much (:

• You can use any quality eyeshadow... The secret is putting foundation on your eyelid before you put the eyeshadow.

• got dark brown with a shimmer :) always looks nice on tan skin :) neopolean perdis does a really good one for about 28 :)

• hip loreal eyes shadow .. pigments... cheap and good. ...i don't even need to use primer. other like mac and other brand etc. I would have to wear primer to keep it from fade away.

• If you Can afford a $20 one then try anything by Mac.

Drugstores try anything by covergirl it's under $7.

Try this website called eyeslipsface.com they are extremely cheap like $1 and really good.

A little tip, try purchasing an eye primer and then add the shadow on top, it makes the color vibrant and it stays on without smearing it.

Good luck :) I love makeup.

• I think I will try covergirl---i tried revlon.

• They have good colors. But honestly try getting the primer it makes a huge difference.