Jerry Seinfeld ridicules Royal Wedding, your opinion?

Jerry Seinfeld was asked for his opinion about the royal wedding on a British morning show, he said:

"It's a circus act, it's an absurd act... It's dress-up. It's a classic English thing of let's play dress-up. Let's pretend that these are special people.

"That's why the British have the greatest theatre in the world. They love to dress up and they love to play pretend. And that's what the royal family is - it's a huge game of pretend. These aren't special people - it's fake outfits, fake phony hats and gowns."

I agree,

What do you think?

Suffice it to say the English were not happy and took offense to Mr Seinfeld's remarks, they are oddly very protective of their Royals

Most Helpful Guy

• Seinfeld is a genius and absolutely correct.

What Guys Said 6

• Nope, not special, only privileged. When you see William standing at the altar on every TV station on the orb, just picture him with a big loogy hangin out of his nose.

• i agree with jerry, it's ridicoulous.

• I agree too

• The royals don't do anything anyway except for apparently bringing tourism, I could care less but I get three days off school which is added to the 2 week half term, so I'm happy

Might watch but I expect it to be boring

• Well I believe that all human beings have equal worth regardless of income, sex, religion, or so called accomplishments so I agree with him on that point. Let's take that politician that was shot in the U.S. that garnered worldwide attention about Americas lenient gun laws in some states. People in poor neighborhoods and ghettos get shot down all the time in gang warfare here yet people don't give a damn about that but one rich politician married to an astronaut is a freakin' national hero! Society has a sick perspective of human worth and dignity and it really makes me sick to me stomach. Treat everybody with equal worth and dignity or treat none with it don't pick and choose who are privileged.

That is my perspective on the matter.

• He got it exactly right.

What Girls Said 3

• I totally agree, I'm sick of the royal wedding bonanza that is building up to the circus that is to come. I mean I am happy for the couple, good for them for finding each other and finding love. But people are taking it too far. A cheezy movie, plates with their faces, all these people freaking out over a wedding of two people. C'mon, its just a wedding. Okay yea so there is a lot of money spent, but there is more to life than jewels and crowns. Those might make the wedding pretty, but true love needs not to be dressed up.

My friend had a quote on her facebook today that I think sums up this bonanza that a lot of people are obsessing over "people were created to be loved. things were created to be used the reason why the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

These royals are all figureheads, people are using them to make a quick buck selling crappy merchandise. And people are focusing wayy too much time on the glitz and jewels that will adorn these people. What have they done recently for us? I don't recall the royals doing a whole lot for me lately. Now they are solely responsible for our societies materialistic ways, but this Royal wedding obsession thing is really showing us how much people value things over people.

• Agreed. Do the royals even do anything, other than just being there?

• I'm British and generally people here are just like "woop, bank holiday!" but I'm quite looking forward to it. It's definitely not fake or pretend, I don't get where someone would get that opinion from? But each to their own...

• Well what do they do? They seem irrelevant in society and it's ironic that all this dress-up, all this media attention, all this money to create this massive, perfect wedding for people that the rest of the world don't view as important.

• It's something that will go down in history and that's why it's being made such a big deal out of, I think. And an economy boost, no doubt. But even if that's the case I don't see why people just can't enjoy the day anyway, does no harm really :)

• Yea I think that's the only reason people around the world will watch is because it's an historic event and obviously Brits care more because it's iconic for them. But I do understand others lack of interest and the media can make you hate it because every hour there's something on the TV about it.