How to help body odor?

how do you minimise body odour? I smell realllly bad and sweaaat so much :( and I feel really bad aboutr myself. thanks

ive had it for nearly a year. I hate it...i put so much of baking soda (bicarbonate soda) under my pits and wear an EXTRA shirt inside! it works..a bit to cover the odour. but it gets so hot

Most Helpful Girl

• Shave your pits, the hair holds the odor. Also try a strong natural deodorant like the one from theallnaturalface on etsy. It's great stuff and does t have all those chemicals in it. Also drink a lot of water and experiment with diet to see if anything helps. And I would recommend just wearing 1 shirt, making yourself so hot just makes you sweat more and makes the problem grow. Most importantly drink lots and lots of water because it dilutes the smell so you can sweat just as much or more and not smell as bad. Also exfoliate your pits every week with a scrub but gently so it won't hurt your skin. And of course shower daily. Sorry my answer was so scattered but I hope it helps!

• hey, um I sweat anyway even with one shirt seriously...:( and yer I already shave my pits...

and um exfoliate? :S

• I use a st Ives scrub for my face and body, whatever needs it. Just buy one and use a small drop of it and just lightly rub it under your arms making sure to get the whole area. Then just rinse it off in the shower and you're done. It gets rid of the dead skin cells which hold BO but not as much as hair can. I've heard people who excessively sweat can get Botox in the area to stop the sweating. Don't know anyone who did it personally but it's an option

What Girls Said 2

• U might want to eat healthier and drink tons of water, make slight changes to your diet and see what might be causing it, garlic and onions are a huge cause to BO. If you feel that you sweat more than normal, see your doctor, they can prescribe you an under arm medication that you put on once a week and stop your pits from sweating so much...after awhile, you won't need it anymore

• body wash

What Guys Said 3

• Are you on any medication? A lot of the antidepressants and ADD meds (i.e. stimulants) I've been prescribed caused me to sweat profusely. The sweating largely stopped once I stopped taking them. I've also lost quite a bit of weight in the last year and I've found I don't sweat as easily as before.

Also antipersperant works way better than deodorant at keeping your pits from smelling.

• na I'm not..and yeah I use anti perspiratnat not deo...:)

• Yeah you're on the right track with the baking soda, but you should buy a bunch of different deodorants and see which one you can use at the same time and works best. Body spray helps. You could use Axe and see if it works like those commercials, all the little girls screaming for you.

• aha alright thanks ill try it. what's your opinion with the extra shirt inside? good or bad?

• 2nd shirt will just make you hotter right? Maybe change into that 2nd shirt halfway through the day and slap on a new coat of anti-persperant deodorant.

• When it's super hot, I'll take 2 or 3 showers a day.