Best film of the 70s?

I'm leaving off Star Wars since it's so obvious, and was such a game-changer, and has such a questionable legacy thanks to George's relaxed standard of quality.

• Dog Day Afternoon
    0% (0)20% (1)17% (1)Vote
  • Apocalypse Now
    100% (1)40% (2)50% (3)Vote
  • The Warriors
    0% (0)40% (2)33% (2)Vote
  • Deliverance
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • Network
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Clockwork Orange. Followed by Apocalypse now, followed by Mad Max, followed by my huge collection of cheesy sexploitation, nazisploitation, bikersploitation movies. It was a good era for movies. Especially bad ones that are oh so good.

0|1
    0|0
    • omg I plum forgot about Mad Max

actually I've only seen part two and three

What Girls Said 3

• Id say Apocalypse Now out of that list. Id like to say Chinatown or Clockwork Orange were great films too but probably everyone would say Godfather is the best.

0|2
    0|0
    • clockwork orange is probably my favorite one from that decade.

• Show All
    • Clockwork Orange makes me sick.. it's one of those movies/books that just out right disgusts me. It's worth seeing once, but wouldn't say is good or has good values. Hell, even the original creator of the book hates it :D

• laugh... I think I'll leave it unseen then

• Rocky Horror Picture Show

or

Fritz the Cat - the first rated X cartoon

0|1
    0|0
  • All the President's Men

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• good decade for movies. picked dog day afternoon on the poll but apocalypse now is great too. there's a ton of movies from then that could apply tho.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of that list, Apocalypse Now, but the guy who did it was CRAZY. I mean he really almost got his actors killed. Taking them to a real war zone will do that.

And no, Star Wars would not be my #1 by far. Star Wars is WAY overrated.

As for #1 of all movies of the 70s? I have no idea. Hmm

0|1
    0|0
    • It's a good point. I like parts of Empire and Jedi plenty but overall the trilogy drags at times.

• Dog Day all the way but I'm disappointed there are no Gene Wilder/Richard Prior combo movies in there. those two are the only ingredients for a funny martini. mix, shake, pour, enjoy :)

0|1
    0|0
  • How about Jaws since nobody wanted to go into the water after seeing that movie?

0|1
    0|0