Hair straightening for a guy. How to avoid thinning or falling hair?

Guys or girls, any input would help. I've been growing my hair out and it's naturally wavy and starting to look messy. What is the safest method of hair straightening? The main concern here is I don't want to end up with thinning or falling hair. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• get sexy healthy hair. It replaces the soy protiens in your hair leaving it sexy, soft and clean. It helps from drying and having your hair fall out. You can buy it at a salon like great clips its $20 but a little goes a long way with it. Tell me how it goes

What Girls Said 9

• Do not use the flat iron!

Ever!

If you want to have beautiful hair, don't use anything that plugs into a socket!

After washing your hair, use conditioner. A very good one is Fructis. =)

...it has a wide range of shampoos and conditioners you can use - for whatever you need - messy hair, curly hair, brittle hair, hair prone to dandruff... Just choose the one you believe will help you the most (or ask the sales lady to help you) and you're golden!

P.S.

Curly hair is awesome, especially on guys! Don't settle for straight. ;)

Hope I helped =)

• Best to have a professional advise you. All at-home devices and kits will lead to hair thinning/damage.

• get heat protecture serum or spray that's in the drug store or pharmacy/ health section with shampoos and stuff. then try eating more foods in vitamin e because vitamin e is good for hair. and also look at styles that suit your hair type. can ask a hair stylist for advice.

• First and foremost, flat irons are the devil. Get a blowout at a salon or learn to do it yourself at home. Also, if you have ethnic-type thick hair, try using argan oil products to protect your hair when you use heat on it. Never, ever, ever use heat on naked hair.

• Try to read this article on how to avoid hair loss or baldness. link

• i just straighten my hair with a flat iron and that's it lol it works

• I'd just flat iron it. Your hair will be fine.

• get a haircut long hair on guys is gross at least in my opinion

• get a heat protective spray

What Guys Said 2

• I think I'm having the same problem. It's naturally wavy and it's a losing fight in my opinion. Rebelling against it will harm it more or less, so I just leave it like that. I got used to it being so chaotic and crazy. It's also very unique. :)

• omg, you can't be serious...