Why do guys seem to think that every girl can/should look like a model?

I'm sorry but I don't look like all the models in magazines, I don't understand why guys seem to think that every girl should look like that or that they can if they just worked out more, its not realistic the models are all retouched so they don't even look like they do in the pictures. why do you guys think that all girls can look like that?

78

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't think that and I don't expect it and I also don't prefer it

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• no guys think that including me. That's funnny you say that though because most girls on this site think all guys can look like Jake Lautner if they just workout lol. I workout everyday and its extremly hard to look like that and most girls don't realize that they just think its naturally easy for most guys

• ok well I know that's not realistic and I wouldn't want a guy who looked like that because I feel like a lot of those guys who do look like that are very conceded and think they are hot shots, I want a guy who is good looking but I don't want someone who is so concerned with their appearance

• that guys tiny not many people could look like hollywood men because that not what real men look like real men have muscles and scars and rough hands

• Muscles, scars and rough hands are MUCH better than metrosexual perfection.

• super skinny runway models aren't that hot, full figured girls are super sexy, keep a little meat on your bones.

• I prefer women that are in the adult film industry and cheerleaders over the models.

• Because all guys are shallow.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

• Not all girls can look like that. Some girls are ugly. But that's what they should aspire to look like, in the same way that every basketball player should want to play like LeBron or Kobe. Not everybody can, but everybody wants to.

• And why do guys not aspire to look better than they do? I don't see David Beckhams walking around

• We all aspire to look better. Some of us just don't really care to put the effort in, much like some girls don't.

• I don't think all girls can look like that, but I like the ones that do look like that.

• If you ask stupid, presumptuous, loaded questions, don't expect to get any useful answers.

What Girls Said 7

• Bone structure in the face and your height are impossible to change to look like a model but weight is within a girl's control IF she is willing to work at it. I work out a lot to keep my bmi of 19 and a really small waist. It is within a girls control how much she weighs but many are not willing to make sacrifices with exercise and diet. I even went vegetarian recently just to try to lose a few pounds and get back to my base weight. And it worked! 7 lbs gone in a week and a half from diet only. I am staying vegetarian because it makes me feel healthier and more alert each day. I also do a lot of dance and walk my dog. Girls, you can achieve a better body! Hope this helps

• Whoever said you should look like that is an idiot, but by the same token, you should never listen to someone who says stuff like that.

Plenty of guys prefer normal looking women, so don't stress.

• I think most guys are smart enough to know that most girls don't look like that, but they still like to hold onto the fantasy that they'll meet a girl in that 1% of the population and actually land her.

• I think intelligent, mature guys know that girls come in a range of shapes and forms. Or any that actually get out off the computer watching their p*rn.

• Thats just stupid guys, most guys are realists

• I don't know any guys who genuinely think that. I don't even know many guys who look at magazines.

If you've talked to guys who believe that, maybe those guys just like to act picky because it makes them feel cool.

• I do not know any realistic dude who thinks that...they like attractive girls(beauty is subjective for the most part)

Too many girls and guys walk around without putting any effort into their appearance and wonder why they are single.