How to get a slight tan before summer?

I know, I know I'm not going to a tanning bed, but I don't want to look like a snowman in shorts. What do you suggest? Tanning lotions? Bronzers... spray tans?

If you're not going to be helpful in answering this question: DON'T.

Most Helpful Girl

• How about the sun?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know where your'e from but I use Dove Summer Glow body lotion for Fair to Normal Skin. Its about the only self tanner that doesn't turn me orange. It works over about 5 days and you pop on after a shower like you would your normal moisturiser. Go clean your teeth, wash your hands etc before getting dressed and within about a week you have a nice light tan and look like you've been out in the sun a bit but haven't overdone it. (PS I have very fair skin, so if you're ultra pale like me normally its the best stuff to use).

• I've got that self tanner but whenever I put it on, my knees and my feet go orange and my legs stay white :/

• slap on some sunscreen and go sit outside for an hour or two! It'll make you a little tanner, and it's not as bad as a tanning bed, especially if you wear sunscreen, which I don't think affects tanning as much as it does UV radiation. Also, you could buy a tinted lotion which might be better than tanning lotion cause sometimes that turns out splotchy.

• I think most tanning lotions do not give a natural colour (from those I have tried). If you do try some fake tanner use some on your butt or something that does not matter first. But if you tan easily enough try some sun outside with some sunscreen on your legs.

• I would hit up the local tanning salon, for a spray tan. They can be pricey but they are worth it.

• lie out in the sun for a few hours

• Jergens Natural Glow works fairly well. But make sure you get the slower acting one, not the "express" because the fast one turns you orange. For best results apply regular lotion under it, focusing on dry areas, every night (or morning) after your shower. I exfoliate too, so I get a more even color. Wait for about 5 minutes before you put on your clothes, especially if they're light! Good luck :)

Oh, and get the medium to dark formula, I'm super light and the fair to medium formula does nothing for me.