Do people care if a girl is anorexic?

Okay so basically I have been anorexic since I was 12 years old. I don't eat at all, but whatever I might eat, I have to throw it up. I Haven't told anyone, and I don't want to get help. so do people really care if a girl is anorexic?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in the same position. I used to never eat around my friends, and at home, when I did eat in front of my parents, I'd puke it right back up. It's not good for you. My mum and friends got really suspicious cause I was loosing weight dangerously. I think it's the fact that others want to help you, that you don't want to be helped. And if that's the case for you, that's okay. I was happy with who I was. And then I learned how to drink alcohol. That's actually where I started eating again. I had to eat so that I wouldn't be wasted after two or three shots. My friends were proud of me for eating. Its really sad, because only for my last birthday did I eat a piece of cake and not puke it back up, since a long time.

But anyways, back to your question. I know how you feel. And yes, people do care. But really, it's your body. As long as you're not hospitally ill because of it, it's just a phase. If it does get into the hospital though, you just have to let go, I'm sorry.

Your friends and family truly do care about your health, and I had to learn that the hard way, so I hope that you don't have to. Sometimes, it's good to have a new start, and become someone new, and by that, I mean shed anorexia and bulimia. And I know you don't want help, so maybe try recreating yourself on your own.

Good luck :) And if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. I know what you've been through to some extent.

• im glad I'm not alone, because people just don't understand. and I haven't had to be hospitalized, but I was close a few times. I don't have many friends (homeschooled) and I barely even talk to my family. I know its bad and I know I need help, but its gotten to the point that I don't WANT help. I just want to be alone with my anorexia, and I don't want to let it go, people think I'm crazy, but they just don't get it.

• Thank you :) and if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here :)

What Guys Said 6

• That was harsh. Sorry about that. The people who care about you in your life will care for sure. In their situation, they may want to help you. The people surrounding you may care in the sense that they may sympathize with you.

While I have never suffered from anorexia, so have no idea what it's like, I know that it is very physically damaging. I know that you don't want help, but it would probably be beneficial to you and I hope that further down the line, you get the help you need. Having supportive friends can be a huge source of courage in your journey as well. (I know that's not exactly what you're asking, but I wanted to throw that in.)

Good Luck.

• Yes, everyone cares. Except others in the same situation who try to convince each other and themselves that its OK. I'm no doctor, but I do understand that its not simply an obsession over looks, but more likely to be a self image thing. Self image is a hard issue for a lot of people in many different ways. I know some real juice monkeys and they have more body issues than a year's subscription of playboy, even though most of us guys wish we had half their build.

• Yes of course I care! I have sympathy for you.

• How exactly can you not eat for a period of like 6+ years? oO

• Yes and that includes me.

• I care. That's definitely a no-no.

What Girls Said 4

• link

Being anorexic is something that is very serious it is like your killing yourself very slowly. You need to get help because you have a medical problem that needs to be fixed. I don't want you to be another victim to this horible disesase. The fact that you don't want help suggest that maybe you are getting some kind of high from making yourself throw up its like your trying to fill in an empty feeling. You like to feel in control and is scared of the on known and if you eat you will get "fat'. A person in a coma still needs about 1100 calories just for his/her body to do the things it needs to do on a daily bases. Anyways I'm just trying to help I'm not judging you I am just someone who knows how it feels to have something control my life.

• Yes of course people care! It's doing considerable damage to your health. I suggest you get help, if you want continue staying alive!

• it is really bad to not eat and yeah people care my friend is a recovering anorexic and she is so much prettier since she started eating and she found a great guy when we celebrated at a restaurant and now she is really happy now

• If I see a girl who is clearly anorexic and not just naturally skinny, I care in the sense that I wish I could help her or I wish that getting better were easier than it really is. You know the physical risks of being anorexic, right? Your whole body slows down... decreased heart rate, blood pressure, digestion, etc. Many people die from complications as a result of anorexia... just something to think about.