Girls--How do you prevent makeup from melting in humid weather?

I just started wearing makeup a few months ago, back when the air was dry. It's been very humid the last few days, and I'm dismayed to find that my eyeshadow ends up underneath my eyes instead of on them and my foundation is all but gone.

I use Smashbox face primer, Bare Escentuals powder foundation, and Urban Decay eye primer and eye shadow.

How can I keep my makeup on my face all day? My apartment is far from my campus, so I don't have time to go home and reapply, and I don't really want to carry my makeup with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• (If I am actually wearing makeup) I'll wear a primer, a light foundation/concealer and TRANSLUSCENT POWDER. It locks everything in and is amazingg. If you feel like it's melting off, just apply a bit more. It blends in competely with your skin and feels great.

As for eyeline - what kind to you use? I find that crayon (retractable ones) don't smudge at all, otherwise you can use liquid. Actually, if you use a really thin line of liquid and then go over it with crayon, it all sticks really well.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• Makeup primer! :D I had the same problem too! But then someone told me to use makeup primer, I use Rimmel's and it works great. Also, use a powder foundation in the summer, it won't melt in the heat.

• You prevent it from melting off by not wearing it.

• My friend uses Smashbox 'Photo Finish' Foundation Primer and she says it works super good. I think you can buy it at like ulta...