Do you guys really care

...about what girls are wearing?

I usually wear jeans and a well-fitting top with my hair down and in waves or in a messy bun. I wear a mascara and lip balm. My friends have told me guys only stare at girls who wear flashy clothes - skirts, mega makeup, etc etc. I think this is crap, but what do you guys have to say?

I am very clean and shower all the time haha I am just talking about clothes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that if you are in high school the guy will mostly notice the flashy girls. However, when it comes down to girlfriend material, the nice clean cut girl looks way better than the mini skirt and tube top slut. Boys may be attracted to the obnoxious flirty girl that makes you want to puke, but all in all you would have the long relationship and they would be the one night stand. Just remember, guys may think that the flashy girl is hot, but they will have absolutely no respect for her. All in all, you win, and you look nice without being slutty. =]

What Guys Said 10

• You have to be you. With that said, I do like unique clothing. Not flashy skirts, etc., but something distinctive and interesting. Take that.

• Your friends don't know what they're talking about. I don't care. I am turned off by girls who appear to have tried too hard.

• A lot of what you wear depends on where you are, or where you're going. If you are going to a formal setting, jeans are usually not appropriate. Dress for the occasion, and you will always look good.

• Yeah we do care , guys are very visual. You don't have to be flash, just show that you tool time to thing about it, coordinate, the more natural & elegant the better for me, but most of all you have to be comfortable and congruent with yourself, showing some skin always turns me on ... Lol

• Well for me if I had to go out with someone I rather not much makeup!! if it takes you to do your makeup over 10 minutes buhbye! that is sooo gross a pancaked makeup!!! !!! And to go out for a girl hmm a cute top not flashy like a black tank with blue jeans tight fitting and black high heels would be fine!!!! some guys do look at it that the more flashy the girl is either she makes money or her personality is bubbly!!!! And some guys do tend to go for a girl that is well off!!! I for one don't care!!

• With me if you keep your feet clean and maintained then all the better and you can show them then Go for it. Jeans and a t-shirt are nice but its really up to you, I would stay away from the heavy makeup though.

• I like girls that are well put together, whatever your style. If it's jeans and a well fitted top then great but look good in it. Some women will take that as sloppy jeans and a bad t-shirt or top that's bad, that's too comfortable. And the make up thing, lots of make up is a real turn off to most guys. I hate it when I can smell make up before your perfume. Things I hate on women. jeans with no back pockets, trucker hats, baggy t-shirts or big girls with little t-shits, worn heels/shoes, turtle necks, flip flops in winter, the big purse, pick your jeans to your body type, too much perfume, bad nails even worst bad toe nails, I got more but I'll stop there.

• I can't answer for most guys but from my experience, it brings ease and awareness to me that the woman I'm with is comfortable and comfortable with herself. Whatever she wears is her decision but if it accents her smile and her being then that's the best thing to wear, isn't it?

• We like it if you don't look all dumpy, or like you smell...

• Eghh I hate it when girls pound on the makeup. I little bit is ok, but if I look at a girl and the first thing I notice is their makeup and not their face or smile it is not a good thing.

What Girls Said 5

• All I wear is jeans, sweatshirt/top, and... that's it. I don't wear make-up or do anything to my hair after I get out of the shower. I have great friends, and guy friends anyway. Of course it will get a guy's attention if you wear flashy clothes, but I prefer the guy to like my personality, not my clothes/make-up/hair style.

• I don't think it matters to be honest. Well it shouldn't.... guys?

(This is quite irrelevant to the question but....)

Girls dress all 'flashy' not always just because they want guys. Most of the time it makes girls feel more self confident and comfortable with themselves. The same way some girls don't want to wear short skirts and loads of make-up!

=]

• Of course guys will look at a girl who's barely dressed. But think about it, so do girls! And the first thing you think is "SLUT!" and that's what guys think too because it shows that the girls easy. You don't want to give off that impression, even to guys you like. Guys look at girls who dress less for a hookup, but most guys want a well dressed/clean girl for a relationship. Clothes say a lot about you, so use it to your advantage. Instead if being half naked, wear what you think looks good on you, so that way the guy can actually focus on you and your personality instead of your chest, or the gunk on your face. Speaking of makeup, boys like more natural girls, not girls who wear more makeup than clowns.

• Guys are visually stimulated, if the clothes suit you and your personality then I wouldn't worry. If you dress to impress someone else you won't feel comfortable or be yourself. Just look after yourself, and you said you do. guys like to know you put some thought into your appearance, but they won't care about labels and all that if it isn't who you are

• I think guys tend to look at girls w/ all the makeup and the shorts and stuff more. only because they think they look easier. but I think guys are just as attracted the the t-shirt and jeans girls cause usually they aren't afraid to get out and get dirty and have fun doing stuff w/ the guys.