How can you make skinny jeans tighter?

i bought some skinny jeans yesterday & they fit good around my thighs but they get all loose around my calves. how can I fix this? can I cut a little bit off & sew that part myself?

please leave some instructions if you could (;

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, if you look closely at the seams, you will see that the inside seams are visible, English seams and the outside seams are regular seams. What you do is, you turn your jeans inside out, put it on (inside out!), pull in the surplus fabric at the outsides and pin it with safety pins. So where you put your safety pins is where the new seam will be. Take the jeans off. Replace safety pins by regular pins. Stitch. Turn the pants right side out again and try it on. Are you satisfied with the way it looks? Then you can cut off the excess fabric and zigzag stitch over the edges so it won't fray.

I hope I made it clear enough. If not, go to ehow dot com and search for How to Make Skinny Jeans.

• This is what I do :) But first try it on an old pair of jeans you don't care much about. The first time I did this was a disaster, haha. Practice made perfect.

• You explained that perfectly. That's what I do when my jeans don't fit right, and what I ALWAYS used to have to do anytime I would buy ANY kind of jeans, because skinnies weren't really 'in style' yet, yet that's the fit I always preferred for my jeans. =P I'd always have to cut so much excess fabric out from the knee down, lol.

What Guys Said 2

• Just slice the back of your calves open with a razor blade, and stuff them full of packing peanuts. Sew em up with some thread and needle, and adjust for size.

• sit in a bathtub full of warm water while wearing them.

What Girls Said 4

• I would just get a different pair of jeans which are tight from the thighs and the bottom half. So, I think you should re-turn them and get some more.

• I think you should wash them with hot water than solar dry them and they should be tight after that.

• Shrink them in the dyer .

• put them in the dryer