Should I get a tattoo on my lower back?

Whenever I tell people that's where I wanna get it, they're all like "Oh a tramp stamp?"

That makes me angry though because I think it's a good place to get one,. What do you think? Or should I just stay pure and not get a tat at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• Do what makes you happy and not what people do or do not want you to do. If you like it there, get it there.

There are a few things to consider. It will look awesome now, but imagine how its going to look if/when you get pregnant, as you age, and when you are a mom out and about with your kid. It is a sexier place to get a tattoo- do you forever want a sexy tattoo even when you aren't trying to be?

I love tattoos, and see them as a fantastic way to express yourself, but I also believe in them being appropriate and tasteful. I have one so far, and its on my back shoulder. I can hide it when I want to, and can keep it hidden until I want it shown. With a lower back tattoo, at work, you will need to either always wear skirts, higher pants, longer shirts, or a shirt tucked into your pants. Whenever you bend over, it may show, and some employers may or may not approve.

Again, I love tattoos, and lower back tattoos can be cute, just think of how you will go about hiding it when you need to, as well as making sure it is meaningful, so that no matter how old you get, you will always be proud.

What Guys Said 9

• No tatts,

If you don't get it and you want it later, you can still get it.

If you get it now and you don't want it later? Guess what.

And aren't tattoos kind of run-of-the-mill now?

Don't they say (in a monotonous drone), "I-am-special... I-am-a-unique-individual... just- like-everybody-else."

• No.

• Just get the tattoo elsewhere. A slutty looking girl at my school has one of those and one girl had that at my previous college. Its hard to believe that a woman that has a tattoo there to not be promiscuous.

• My mother got one there when she was 35 and married with kids. Lower back tattoos don't equal promiscuity in the same way that not all promiscuous girls have lower back tattoos (or any at all).

• a tramp stamp hmmm go for it but I see one of those and think tramp stamp

• Well I was thinking "tramp stamp" before I read the information box :x shame on me

• A) Get a good tattoo artist.

B) You will get more approaches from guys. So if you don't like attention don't get it.

C) Consider consequences down the line.

• yes, you should

• Go for it.

• Sure!

Here are some suggestions:

"Inspected by #69"

"Exit Only"

"If you can read this, you're too close."

"If you can read this, thank a stripper"

"If you can read this, my boyfriend fell off"

"Infected by #69."

"You must be this tall to board this ride."

"Get in, hang on & shut up!"

"Open other end."

"Abandon ye all hope, who enter here."

"Contents may have settled during shipping."

"Two-Way traffic"

"Yield to oncoming traffic"

"How much doo would a Hindu do, if a Hindu would...?"

"Say hello to my little friend..."

"Bouncy-Bouncy!"

Yeah... You're not going to use any of these, are you?

• "Here's Waldo!"

"Dear Sir, please find attached below... my ass!"

The Chinese pictogram for "Hi. This is my SSS tattoo."

The Chinese pictogram for "Tramp Stamp"

The Chinese pictogram for "For a good time, call..."

The Chinese pictogram for "I used to be a dude."

What Girls Said 6

• Lower back tattoos are not my favorite in terms of placement, but I see no issue as long as it's well done, tasteful, and most importantly meaningful to you.

• The lower back is a good place to get a tattoo because the skin doesn't tend to stretch as much with weight gain/loss or age. But it does have the tramp stamp stigma.

• don't get one. when ever you feel like it, get temporary tattoos.

• nah! not enless you want people to think your a skank:( [just being honest]

• im afraid to get a tattoo because I don't want to get a disease from the needle. it happens a lot!

• lol not really.

• I can see where you could get a disease from it. Ehh...i don't really need a tat ha

• I pretty sure Pam Anderson got Hep c from Tommy Lee. It is possible to catch something but unlikely. Go to a professional place and you would be fine. I have a few and never caught any kind of diseasse.

• haters are going to hate, you just do you. that said, think long and hard before you get any tattoo, becuase once you get it, you are stuck with it