Why do beautiful girls date ugly guys? and vice versa.

You always see handsome guys with average girls, is it because maybe they feel like they are less likely to be rejected.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so. I am an average Asian girl and most good looking Asian guys probably have high standards (although I have been hit on a lot but I just was too shy to talk to these guys... :() Anyways, so it is believed (this is a theory) that most Caucasian men have lower standards of beauty than Asian men so therefore I chose a sort of below average Caucasian guy to like and lo and behold he was into me and thought I was beautiful (so he says). So yes maybe your theory on less likely to get rejected by someone less beautiful is some what true, at least it was for me. I've also heard of (even on this website) some guys dating a less than beautiful girl because he felt that she would not leave him since he is so good looking and she isn't. I also feel that way about my husband, because he thinks he is so ugly and that I am so good looking, he will be less likely to leave me. Who knows if this is always true, but it should also be for love but maybe it is a little bit of a factor in deciding who to like. Why not pick someone you are less likely to get rejected by? I would! hahaha... and then hopefully also fall in love with their personalities.

What Girls Said 3

• I have never in my entire life seen a girl that would be considered ugly, dating a man that would be considered attractive. Pictures or it didn't happen lol.

Looks are much more important to men, at least in the beginning of a relationship. After men have been in a relationship for awhile and come to love the girl, they are a bit more forgiving if their pumpkin gains a few pounds. There needs to be an initial attraction. Women tend to look at the whole package, and are more willing to ignore physical flaws if the rest of his personality makes up for it.

• Don't know about where you are but I have seen it quite a lot. I have a friend who is extremely good looking, tall scandinavian, and he always goes for the average girl (not ugly but not attractive). With his looks I would imagine he would have a much hotter girlfriend.

• well if he is actually FROM Scandinavia then his ideas of beauty are completely different. I remember when living in Japan their idea of a "white" beauty was what we would call in the U.S average at best. I still demand pictures. I've lived all over the U.S and Japan. Still haven't seen it.

• i always wonder that... but I leanred it s more like those people dnt look for looks. they rather have personality. and also because they won't cheat;] haha

• I don't know if I am beautiful but I am told a lot that I am and I get hit on all the time by men. So I hope this helps. I don't date the hot guys that hit on me since, I assume they are jerks. I know not fair to them, I don't even give them a chance. I am working on that. I date guys who I am still attracted to but not hot. Cute lets say. I like them better because I assume they won't be a jerk. Though I have recently been proven wrong yet again.

• I don't understand why... shouldn't you not judge a book by its cover? I don't think looking good will make you a jerk, it is genetics and you are born with it.

• I know that is why I said I am working on that.

What Guys Said 2

• maybe they actually like them. some guys, as hot as everyone else makes them out to be, actually go for personality once in a while.

• The one thing that I honestly haven't seen too much of is the pretty girl with an average guy. Maybe it's just where I live though.