I am black, and I want to dye my hair a lighter brown color... but I REALLY don't want it to fall out!

OK so if you see my picture, I am black and my hair is a dark brown, I REALLY want to dye it or something to make it lighter.. not blond or anything just a lighter brown like a sandy color. About a month ago a bought a hair dye kit its "Clarol, Nice and Easy: Natural lightest golden brown" but I have been too afraid to apply it because I get a relaxer every 4 weeks, and I am afraid that it will fall out. I have long hair now and I really don't want to lose it so what should I do? Should I take a chance?

Most Helpful Girl

• DONT DO IT AT HOME!

go to a salon! also clairol is a white girl hair dye, you need to find one for your type of hair. if you have relaxed or otherwise chemically treated hair then you ESPECIALLY need to have a salon professional do it. seriously, even if you dye it at home it may not fall out right then and there but you will get breakage overtime and 4-6 months later u'll have missing hair.

also before you dye it, start deep conditioning and seriously moisturizing your hair NOW. you want your hair to be super soft and healthy before you perform this harsh treatment on it.

What Guys Said 1

• volume 30 bleach but keep an eye on it when it starts to change

What Girls Said 2

• ask your hair stylist...better than asking uneducated people on here. also I would let the hair stylist do it, I wouldn't do it myself.

• Usually the box or the instructions have a toll free number you can call and ask questions about the product/instructions, or whatever information you need. Call the number and ask them about it or ask someone you know who has went to school for it, they would probably know.

I do know from experience that hair dye products have improved immensely over the last ten years, but that's no guarantee that using both products together in a short span of time will have ideal results.