Do people prefer dating people who they know are less attractive than themselves?

Do you think people tend to date someone they know they're more attractive than just to give themselves a sense of superiority, or to avoid competition from other people noticing their boyfriend gf? Do you ever do this? For, Example, would you not date someone because they are too good looking?

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you think people tend to date someone they know they're more attractive than just to give themselves a sense of superiority, or to avoid competition from other people noticing their boyfriend gf?

Sorta.

Women prefer dating less attractive men.

Men prefer dating more attractive woman.

It's biology.

That song with the lyrics get an ugly wife should be get an ugly husband.

Studies show men treat a wife whose more attractive than a wife whose less attractive.

Do you ever do this?

No.

He's either equal or better.

Hard to find one that will be as nice as an uglier guy.

For, Example, would you not date someone because they are too good looking?

No way.

I would not date someone because they're mot good looking.

What Guys Said 1

• Well I like to think my girlfriend is more attractive, especially since she models. What guy doesn't want a gorgeous girlfriend? However, I do think about it sometimes. You worry because so many guys approach her and want her, so she could leave you for any guy if she wanted. In terms of superiority, screw that. If superiority comes from who is better looking, then the relationship isn't going to work anyways.

• i think levels of attractiveness have a very important impact on relationships...

• It does, but attractiveness shouldn't determine superiority in that relationship.

What Girls Said 2

• I have dated people less attractive, not for superiority but just because I knew they would be more faithful, and honestly, less attractive guys are usually not so full of themselves.

Even so, if you aren't attracted to them, it doesn't really work so I shoot for my own level of attractiveness.

I don't like to date extremely attractive guys because like I said, many (not all) are conceited and less faithful because they know how many girls they can have.

• I think it is a thing you do subconsciously. You look for someone who is about as good looking as you are or slightly less. As it helps to keep them faithful and devoted to you.