Would it look okay to wear a tank top with a strapless dress to a school dance??

OK, so our school is having a big end of the year dance and I found a strapless dress. Would it look okay to wear a plain black tank top underneath it?

the dress is a self sash dress from wet seal (black, white, and gray)

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the dance, and how casual it is. If you want to look dressy then I would have to say no. If its a casual hanging thing it would be okay. If you want your outfit to look dressy then no. Your asking this question so I'm assuming your not to comfortable with it. Which means definitely not. Find out what other girls are wearing, it will be easier for you to decide. Sometimes a nice pair of jeans and a sexy blouse with a nice pair of sandals, will do the trick. Dress it up with the accessories, especially the belt. You will fit in and look hot. Have fun!

• its really a semi-formal, and a lot of girls are planning on just wearing cardigans, but I thought maybe just have a tank top underneath would be different...idk lol, anyways thanks :)

• I love clothing, so I'm always in the stores, haha. There's tons of time were I'll see am outfit and say WOW, I got to have it. When I try it on its doesn't look that great on me or there's something about it that just doesn't work for me. Anyways what you have to remember, is to be comfortable. When your not comfortable it will show, and you will be self conscious, that will definitely put a damper on your evening.

• true, thanks for the advice :)

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, but don't wear an undershirt-thing under it.

• does the tank top show.?

• yeah, just the straps

• then that's hot. go with it

What Girls Said 2

• I'd rather go for a tub top that blends with the dress color, but it depends on the style you're going for.bring a black shrug or thing cardigan like shrug that's 3/4 sleeves and short so it covers and goes with my dress.

• I don't understand, its a strapless dress for a reason, why are you adding straps (or a shirt underneath) ? Honestly I wouldn't do It, but if your more comfortable go for it.