Kate Middleton's wedding dress. What's your opinion?

What did you think of Kate Middleton's wedding dress? Beautiful? Elegant? Understated? Boring?

I thought it was quite beautiful, and will definitely influence future brides. LOVED the lace sleeves!

Most Helpful Girl

• It was very elegant and perfect for this particular wedding. It was a modern version of Princess Grace of Monaco's dress, which I actually liked Princess Grace's even more. However, I recognize that most people just are not in to old school 1950's retro looks though with the advent of Mad Men, the 50's influence in dresses is here.

I wonder what this will do to bridal fashion. I am currently looking for a wedding dress and 90% of them are strapless. I don't mind strapless for reasons of modesty but I hate constantly tugging on a dress to hold it up and I am not sure if wedding dresses hold up better than most evening dresses when they are strapless. It would be great to have other options come back into style.

What Guys Said 9

• Hated it really, too much lace and I personally thought while it may be traditional she could have done without the veil. As for the hype over Pippa Middleton, she's not as attractive as Kate, not by a long shot... I prefered her dress, but that's all I'd say.

• I think she looked like a big, fish-and-chip gobblin' doily.

• Didn't watch it, didn't care. I'm just hoping she's never the Queen of Australia. It's about time we dropped the silly monachy.

• I actually thought it was sort of boring looking. But I doubt she could've gone all out with anything else considering she's become "royalty" lol

• Yes, quite, indeed, the lace sleeves did quite make a profound impression on the overall quality of the dress, and added to the grace and dexterity of the Duchess. Mmm, indeed. This is quite an interesting discussion.

• First, she's royalty now, so she has to maintain a demure image...she did that fine without looking stuffy.

Second, anything that woman wears, she'll still look amazing.

Third, her sister...mmmmm.

• She looked like a whore!

• Me 2 I think it is simple and quiet beautiful

• No clue haven't seen it and hope I never do

What Girls Said 25

• I absolutely adored it! I think it was just right for her. Call me old fashioned, but I loved the traditional-looking and modest style she wore. It's nice to see someone on media cover herself up.

• The only thing I didn't like about it was the waistline. It looked like it came up really high and that isn't my thing. The lace collar and sleeves were great.. loved the neckline. Regardless, she looked stunning.

• I personally did not like it. And the fact that it came from Alexander McQueen really surprised me because his designs are stunning.

I think her sister's dress would have been beautiful for Kate if it had a longer train. But eh, it's her dress, she decides what she wants to wear, it's her special day. :]

• Didn't Sarah Burton design the dress?

• Sarah Burton is the new head designer at Alexander McQueen after his death.

• I heard that her sister's dress was actually a dress that Kate tried on but she didn't like it very much

• I loved her dress,not too much just simple and clean looking(: plus I love the traditional look!

• I don't caaaaaareeeeeee

• She looked beautiful. I loved it, but I think it was definitely not something many could wear and look good in.

I did not get why everyone is suddenly so interested in her sister. To me Kate is the more beautiful of the two

• i thoght it was pretty...though I kind of liked her little sisters dress more, but kate definitely the prettier sister

• It reminded me of my mother's wedding dress, except my mom's dress had the sleeves slightly puffed at the shoulders. That was the only difference. I thought it was pretty, but definitely nothing original.

• thought it was ugly and boring

• I thought it was very beautiful, and agree with you that it'll influence other styles. I loved the details on the skirt and the veil and the lace arms were beautiful as well. It was simple, and was not flashy. Although Kate would look gorgeous in anything, she decided to stay with classic elements and I think that was a very good choice.

• I loved it for the simple fact is it wasn't ''too'' much. I thought she was gonna come out in this big fluffy derss with a train as long as the damn isle!

• It needed sleves, the church wouldn't have let her in with bare shoulders. Standard policy.

• i agree with you. she looked stunning and elegant. I hope she and Prince William have a wonderful life together.

• I love wedding dresses and I want to be a bridalwear designer.

BUT… when I saw Kate Middletons dress I was pissed, it fits her style and looks great on her but if you were to show that dress randomly, I would be so angry!.

• To get married in Westminster Abbey 1. You have to wear a vail and 2. You have to cover your arms.

So she didn't really have a choice there. Besides that, she looked absolutely beautiful.

• Thank you for pointing this out, a lot of people have criticised the traditionalism of her dress but she didn't have a choice. A lot of people have been saying that Pippa's dress was more like what she would've chosen for herself in another situation. I thought it was amazingly beautiful, regardless.

• Boring old fashion, didn't like it at all that so not 2011, she could have a dream dress and she got that I don't get it...

• It was lovely, very Grace Kelly. I LOVED Pippa's dress though, it was so sexy, I would wear a dress like Pippa's to my wedding lol

• I loved her dress! I thought it was very elegant on her and she looked stunning in it.

• I LOVED her dress...mostly the sleeves:) They made a statement and it was stunning at the same time :)

• i think it was understated yet stunning. she looked simply elegant

• I loved it from the moment I saw it!

• she looked amazing & I loved the dress

• I like that dress so much.Very beautiful, elegant and classy dress.

• I thought she looked absolutely beautiful! I think the dress was absolutely perfect for her. It was elegant, traditional and simply stunning.

• I loved her dress! It was perfect! elegant tasteful and f***ing stunning! Pippas dress was also gorgeous and it was all like a perfect fairytale wedding!