Is skinny unattractive? How skinny is too skinny?

I am 6' and 135-ish pounds. I'm barely in the normal BMI range. I'm constantly getting told I look like a twig. I get jokes about how if I turn to the side I just disappear. And in the past people used to ask me if I was anorexic or bulimic all the time (which I'm not). I'm tired of hearing all this. I eat plenty but I just stay the same weight. I've even tried to gain a few pounds before and if I do manage it they're always gone in a week or so without me doing anything. A lot of guys seem to prefer girls with more meat on them, so is it unattractive if I can't really be like that?

• Yes, its unattractive.
  • No, its not unattractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• ThickRick is dead on...one of my best girlfriends was skinny and 6'1" and I thought the world of her. No one appeals to everyone...there is that not-so-small-group of males out there that like skinny and I am one of them. Remember, if your dimensions were different yet you would still not appeal to all males..becuz nobody could...would you rather b short & fat? There are millions of males out there that will like you just the way you r..

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly I find skinny to be unattractive, though when I mean skinny I mean like those fashion models (and I guess most other models); what is attractive is a healthy weight. Your BMI seems to be borderline underweight, you might actually have a health issue?

• You don't have to appeal to all guys. Just one.

Take the good with the bad. You have an overactive metabolism, while others have to sweat rivers every single day just to maintain an average weight. All it takes is one guy, and with some confidence, you will find him.

• A healthy weight is the most attractive.

What Girls Said 2

• It shouldn't matter what you look like, looks aren't everything in a relationship ... If they truly loved you the would love you know matter what you looked like. At least you tried and gain weight, you just have a fast metabolism, nothing you can do there. I was the same way I was 4'10 weighing 75 pounds up until I was 12 when I got my heart surgery everyone always said the same thing about me, then I got the surgery and now I weight about 115 and still getting asked if I am like pregnant as stuff even though I ain't fat. as long as you can't see every outline of every bone in your body then it is not unattractive.

• Trust me, don't worry. I bet you're really attractive. ;-)

I'm sorry people ask you questions like that. I'm a small girl, not a crap load of curves & height so I sometimes feel guys like longer/taller. Looks sexier or something.

• Having a smaller girl near me, as a guy, feels like I'm protecting her and that feels good, like I'm doing my (man) job properly. But too small might be a little of problem in situations when something physical happens, like kissing.

• actually I LOVE short girls hehe :) and I'm always a sucker for them