Be honest girls, do you only like guys for looks?

The most good looking people in the school always get girls for some reason, the people that are slightly less attractive never get any attention. I've had like 3 or 4 girls try to talk to me but this is nothing compared to the attention that other guys get. At least they can get a girlfriend.

What I also found to be very shallow is that all the guys that get girls all have dark hair and tanned skin, and apparently if I don't look like that I'm not attractive. I have brown hair, green eyes, tall (5'10) with lightish skin, but it doesn't mean I'm ugly. I actually find girls with dark colored hair and eyes to be less attractive, but that's just me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly? Sometimes I look at physical appearance first but that's on a very rare occasion because most of the time guys become more attractive after I've gotten a taste of their personality. For example there is this one guy in my school that almost every girl finds attractive in one way or another. But for some reason I just can't bring myself to find him attractive because I've heard things about his personality and the way he is. On the other hand this guy that I'm currently smitten with I didn't find attractive at all in the least at first but over time I developed an attraction to him. All my friends don't understand it because they don't think he's cute in the least bit but as far as I'm concerned at this very moment he's the reason the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening. Just talk to some girls and let them see the inner you. Yeah this might not work for all girls but I truly believe that the girls worth dating will not be so superficial as to judge you based off of first appearances.

• I find it strange that all the anonymous users say looks are very important, and the ones that are not anonymous say they are not that important. Stop trying to look less shallow.

What Girls Said 17

• You know, it might be a matter of age. This goes for both girls and boys. When you get older you really noticed that your ‘dream girl/boy’ doesn’t have to look like you always pictured her/him when you were younger.

Sure, everybody is attracted to different things, has different preferences. For a long time I was mostly attracted to the tall and dark type. The guy I’m dating now isn’t super tall for a guy (5”9), he’s blond… he just looks different than ‘the type’ I always had. But it’s been years since I met someone I felt this attracted to. And that’s mostly because he has all the qualities that I really love in a man. So no, I don’t think girls only like a guy because of his looks. But I get that when you a teenager you’re new to the ‘love and dating game’ you “choose” your partner because of different ( and maybe less important) things

• Yep.

I also like their personality.

I don't get this question you have a few girls interested in you it's just not as big as the other guys. Are you jealous?

So the girls like dark hair & tanned skin. I'm sure you'd pick a light haired/eyed girl over a dark haired/eyed girl because that's what you're attracted to. So why get upset when they do the same and follow their attraction?

• I find it strange that every single girl finds guys with dark hair and etc a lot more attractive. I also said that I find girls with darker hair slightly less attractive. I would still go out with a girl with dark hair though.

• My sister also went out with a guy for a year just because he had a hispanic background, even though he was a douche bag.

• Skinny girls are discusting by the way, all of my friends agree.

• looks=trash. I don't go for someone whos so incrediably handsome, I don't even think their attractive if they have an annoying, ugly, cocky personality. I like the down to earth guys, I don't really ever think guys are attractive right off the bat. I always talk to the person and if they make me laugh a lot then bam they become attractive. THE UGLIEST PEOPLE can be attracitve depending on their status and personality. But most girls sadly do. :/

hahah I'm 19 and I even think a blading 28 year old is so sexy. Maybe I'm jsut crazy ahahah who knows. They're normal, personality loving girls out there

:)

• 28 isn't old, 40 is old.

• well I like a 34 year old too. but I think its just the excitment of "us two not supposesd to be together because he's a manager" you never know hahaha

• Okay firstly I have dark ahir and dark eyes but no guys ever go for me. And secondly most girls want to be seen as the best and most loved in the whole school, that is why they go for the guys who are perseved as hot. Now to answer your question, no I don't go for guys who are suposedly hot, I go for guys who make me laugh and smile. There is no point being with a guy if I'm going to be crying the whole time. Now another thing, stop complaining that you don't get all the girls. Pull your head outta your ass and stop expecting girls to talk to you. Find a girl that fits your description or an attractive girl(light hair and light eyes) and talk to her. You will get further with girls if you talk to them first. Hope I helped in a screwed up way...and sorry if I offended you, I'm not really a sensitive gal...

• well that's really offensive...i don't know you I have never seen you before...your even to p**** to let us know who you are, but I'm not saying because your tall and you have light hair that your unnatractive, for all I know you could be a totally hot guy or a totally ugly guy, so you labelling all dark haired girls as ugly is just jugemental and stereotyping...no wonder no girls will talk to you

• No no no no. You are getting way over your head. I never said you where ugly I said your not that attractive. I also never said that girls with dark hair are ugly (ive seen some pretty cute girls with dark hair), I said they are slightly less attractive to me (like 1/20 less attractive that is, which isn't very much).

• Personally I like guys that SMILE a lot, and who gives compliments. I don't think looks is that important, altough looks give a first impression. But just give the girls attention, that'll help!:))

• No way, I like guys because of who they are.

• Yeh sure. Everyone has standards for looks.

• no they look at you and realize that you won't talk them...thus they thgink you don't like them..then they read this sh*t and find out why jerk

• also the people that usually do "get the girl/guy" usually aren't serious about there relationship with each other if they are just lookin for looks

• What teenager wants a serious relationship?

• no looks are just a up side if you already like them for them but I look for personality not really looks seriously who am I to judge on looks?! lol

• It's a normal human behavior to judge on looks. If we didn't care about looks our genes would be all screwed up by now.

• you still think that they are less attractive...god if yoiu stop labelling girls as less attractive because of their hair and eyes you might get a date...

• So girls can read my mind and say "this guy has a prefference, he likes girls with (blank) hair and (blank) eyes, I don't want to go out with him now". You logic is profound.

• and also...you say that you find dark haired girls less attractive but your saying that it's shallow that the girls like guys with dark hair...someone really needs to not be so judgmental of some people (sorry if I offended)

• It's not that you have dark hair it's just your not that attractive.

• Personality is DEFINITELY the 1st thing I look at. If his personality is what I like them I definitely care about looks.

Age 18 and older the more unique looking people get the most attention, from what I can see. Things will change.

• i don't think girls only like guys for looks that's just a bonus if a guy is cute but is a really big jerk I'm not going to have a crush on him! but most of the guys that I've liked always were funny and sweet and knew how to charm girls and by your description I wouldn't say your bad lookin ;)

• if it were that way the divorce rate would be 100%

• Looks are important, I have to be physically attracted to someone just as much as I am attracted to their personality. But its the other way around too, looks are not everything, I can't stand being with a boring guy- even if he is gorgeous. But I think that guys who are considered to be "attractive" have a lot of confidence because of the attention they get from girls and that confidence makes them have a nice personality that we find attractive. No girl in her right mind- even if he was way cute- would be with a guy who was not interesting in any way. There needs to be balance. Maybe you should try and show off your interesting side a bit more. I'm sure someone finds you attractive.

• Girls expectations are wayyyy higher then guys. Not only does the guy have to look good, but he has to be funny, confident, etc. Girls just have to look good (girls can cover everything up with makeup) and not be annoying or offencive.

• I'm 16, I don't think anyone would want a 'true relationship' at my age.

• you should at least want something meaningful. that's definitely another thing that girls find attractive is if a guy is looking for a meaningful relationship. maybe "true" was the wrong word for you.

• EVERYONE uses looks as a first impression and reason to be interested in someone. If you were at a party and an ugly girl and a gorgeous girl walk in, who would you go up to? Exactly. Girls automatically like attractive guys. If the guy later is an idiot or a jerk than usually they drop the guy, but looks are first impression. Always.

• So if there is a guy slightly more attractive then another guy, you'll ignore the other guy and all your friends will all go to the slightly more attractive guy?

• Chances are you'd do the same when it came to girls. Like I said, looks are what gets a person interested. Personality is what keeps them around. But at the same time, if someone has no interest in a person based on looks, and they are attracted to their personality, over time they will realize that because of their personality the person looks very attractive all of the sudden.

What Guys Said 2

• It sounds like someone is jealous. Girls just don't go for looks, but it's the first thing they use as a gauge.

• Oh really? I'm jealous? It's more envious then anything. Good job Sherlock, you chose the wrong word.

• At first yes they are, they will pay more attention to the better looking guy, but it doesn't mean they will always choose him over the ugly guy. They may talk to the good looking guy and find out he's a complete idiot or a jerk, and because of that it will turn them off to him. Now when the ugly guy comes along and she has a conversation with him, and she finds out he's actually a pretty smart and cool guy, she will them become attracted to him.