Where would you rather go on a date?

1. The Movies

2. The Mall (to hang out)

3. Dinner

4. Your preferred choice

Most Helpful Girl

• somewhere not typical..

you bring a girl to a first date to the movies, you guys wouldn't be interacting much, I would look to go on a picnic when its warm out or miniature golf , maybe something like laser tag or paint balling, maybe a camping trip if she's cool with that , something just out of the norm

What Girls Said 8

• I would like to go for a nice walk and then either eat or watch a movie.

• Personally, I haate sit down dinners, they're so formal & stuffy. I'd rather do something fun like mini-golf, bowling, any kind of activity - anything super casual, fun, and flexible. That way even if it goes horribly with the person, and you decide you really don't like them - you can still have fun with the activity or whatever. :)

• out the choices you gave dinner I love food and you can talk during dinner overall my own choice and a shooting range or paintball gunning sounds way fun

• go to c a movie after that we hang out and then go to a resturant. lol

• something not too fancy... just casual dining

• Walk on the sea side :)

• 4. My preferred choice but let me explain why I don't like the other options first.

If we're talking a first date,...

1. The movies- No good. First of all, movies are pretty expensive. It's like $11/ticket and then that's not even including a drink, popcorn, etc. And once you're in the theater there's no interaction. You literally can't talk and you're staring straight ahead the entire time. You can't maintain eye contact. Can't read body language. Just no.

2. The mall- Good in theory but not in execution. It's not really that fun to shop with someone of the opposite gender unless you're already a couple and can play around with picking out outfits for each other, the girl trying on lingerie in VIctoria's Secret, etc. So you'd have to stick to safe, unisex stores and that isn't much fun. Sure, there's probably a food court and arcade but it seems really juvenile to go chill at the mall on a first date.

3. Dinner- Too much for a first date. Since you're under 18 that's too much too soon unless you go and hang out at a friend's BBQ, pool party or something. Dinner isn't really that good unless you're already friends and starting to date. It's too much of an uninterrupted chunk of time to just talk and that can be intimidating. Plus, dinner is kind of costly depending on where you go.

Which brings me back to 4...

Something fun and relatively inexpensive with a relaxed atmosphere. Something that can act as an ice-breaker. Like mini-golf, a visit to an art museum, an amusement park, bowling.

• MOMA and dinner would be my ideal date. haha

But to a first date, I'd say no movie. Either go to a go carts racetrack or a carnival.

What Guys Said 2

• Go for dinner and then for a walk after. I don't really like going to the movies until like the 3rd date.

• 4. Something more fun like mini golf or something.

• I saying to her hey lets go play mini golf isn't lame?

It sounds kind of lame to me.

• Well, I understand your point. I can do that cheesy thing where I wrap my arms around her to show her how to putt.

• LOL Yeah. Or just be flirty and have fun with it. Joke around when you f*** up.