How many people think society's getting worse?

I was talking to some silly girl and she thinks society's worse than it used to be.

I talked to another one a while ago.

It makes me feel bad for all the people in the past who had it a lot harder than we do now, while quite a few of the girls I've talked to think the past was better.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not much doubt that dishonesty, hustling, god-digging, and groupie think are all reaching all time highs.

On the other hand, there are more ASian women around now generally, so it's not all bad news.

What Girls Said 5

• Ignorance is bliss, and how do you know if the grass is greener on the other side if you've never seen the other side? Unfortunately we are plagued now with easy access to information. As much as this can help society, it can also destroy it. Disease, war and a lack of food may plague some third world countries but it is the first world countries that have the highest suicide rates.

We have more choices and freedom than ever now. Where as before you were pretty much stuck with what you were born with. Some people can't handle the current competitive world, full of info that society pushes on you in order to keep up. Even reading was highly unnecessary for most a century ago. Now everyone thinks they're an 'expert' because they read something on the internet. I don't think today's society is any worse or better really, it has just changed. Instead of struggling with survival now, we are struggling with a REASON to survive... which seems to lead to a lot of depression and whining.

• I think it depends on what aspects of society you're talking about and who you're asking.

• Silly girl? You mean bornbadbrat?

You're quite insulting. She didn't call you names.

Why can't people stick to the case instead of attacking others?

No I think society is pretty much the same just that there are now different things that suck.

• Funny how you feel my opinions are attacks on you when they're my general view

but you go and attack an individual

• Oh wait not bornbadbrat mannygirl.

I thought it was bornbadbrat because she usually gets what I'm saying.

• I think it does get worst, especially for the poor.

it's harder to get jobs and the fuel prices are high where I Live

guys wiht two hands are out on the street begging for money

and there is almost always a robbery or a fire everyday where I live..

• No, it's always been bad.

What Guys Said 4

• It has certainly gotten worst with all of the current events; who knows what's next, i.e. attack on Pakistan that will lead to WW III.

• Thats not really society though, that's more... I dunno, politics

• You don't think that politics affect our lives? We'll see. I hope you're right because if you're aren't, god help us.

• No it does, but just because it affects our lives doesn't make it society. Society is the human force, the unspoken kingdom, not the business or the circumstance. Of course they affect it to some degree, but its not the same. Society didn't wage war, government did, you know?

• Depends on what time scale. From Ancient Rome, or ? Its gone to sh*t. From the Victorian age? F***yeah. I'd say right now its confused. Parts of it aren't as good as society in 1965-1980 but parts of it are a lot better. I'd say its a lot better than it was 1600-1965. A lot better.

• Maybe so. What do you think about Ancient Rome and the Victorian age?

• Essentially.

• So you feel that we value other peoples opinions and actions more than we should? You also feel they valued their opinions more and it was better?

• I think it is worse than 10-20 years ago...

• Societies getting better, there's just some things we need to work on more then we did in the past

• lol I don't even kno what to say to that...

• 'In other words we know how more to work on. It wasn't better just had less to work on.'