What is the difference between "hot" and "beautiful"?

So whenever I get compliments on how I look, it's always "beautiful," "pretty," and "charming." But I never get called "hot."

So what's the difference between "beautiful/pretty/charming" and "hot"? Just wondering :)

Most Helpful Guy

• i think hot is used more causally. where beautiful and charming is more of a direct response towards someone with more meaning and substances.

i usually would complaint a girl for their hotness as putting it in a nice way by not calling them slutty :)

i would use charming for true sex appeal tho.

but that's just me.

What Guys Said 1

• hot chicks normally use their body as a weapon to make men wanna shagg her like a slut...and beautiful girl is what every guy want to make babies with :)

What Girls Said 1

• In my opinion for someone to compliment you saying beautiful, pretty, charming is more respectful than saying hot. Although being called hot is nice as well, I would rather the above.

Hot is very common so you can't really tell if the person is interested or just honestly thinks you're hot. When someone uses beautiful or pretty, I find it's more sincere and meaningful.