Do you think it would be appropriate if I wore this to graduation?

link and a pair of jeans.

im going to someones graduation and I don't have any dresses

they told me not to dress like sh*t...but that's what I normally wear :(

Most Helpful Guy

• umm

will you put your hand on your hip like that as well?

Did you ask them if you normally dress like sh*t? because that would mean they do not want you to wear what you normally wear but also it would mean WHY are you friends with them in the first place?

• nono he said to dress casual and no tshirt or sweats! but parents said I dressed like sh*t! but then again...traditional parents always hate how thier kids dress ;x sososo would you give a person a weird look if they wore that to your graduation?!

• No

but would you tell me it was you so that if your parents were near by I could give them a weird look like they were dressed like sh*t?

Boo Yaa

What Guys Said 2

• The shirt and jeans is not very formal. Did you think about renting a dress?

• i don't have money ;x if I did...i wouldve just went out to get something. and I didn't think I really had to dress up formal if its not my graduation!

• If I was in this situation and I told a girl not to dress like "Shit", which I wouldn't. I would help her pay for a dress rental or pay for it entirely. There's not much you can do except explain your situation to him, ask your friends or parents if they can help you out and if worse comes to worst, wear something informal and if he doesn't like it, let him go stag.

• Well now, you'll have a gown over it, won't you?

What Girls Said 4

• Jeans are not formal wear and you are going to a graduation so at least try to trade jeans for a pair of pants and cute flats. A great outfit can look like sh*t on someone who doesn't know how to wear it and great on another. BUT what I would suggest is you getting a simple short black dress (any store sells these) and flats. that looks classy, elegant and not too much since looks like you like casual and comfortable clothes.

• You don't have to wear a dress, I wore dress pants since we were suppose to have freak cold weather where I live. Jeans is waayyyy too casual, just opt for dress pants or wear jean Capri pants, but make sure you can't see them with your gown on. Nobody will know unless they cover your legs completely. Best of luck :)

• You could try a place like Plato's Closet for a cheap dress.

If you have no other options, go ahead and wear that. You're not even the one graduating, so who cares? I wore black lounge pants to my actual graduation and no one cared, haha.

• It is too casual.