How do I get a dewy look?

My skin is combination. Lately though I've been drinking more water and washing my face with some good stuff but my skin is a little dry.. And my makeup is a stick concealer, that mouse makeup, and loose powder for foundation.. how can I make it look dewy on my face? Because I hate putting on my makeup then looking close up and its dry... Help! Thanks :)

P.S... don't have too much money to go buy new things for my face soo. Any home remedies for my skin? Or what can I do with the makeup I have to make it look dewy on my skin.

Oh! And throughout the day my skin starts to get a little oily.. So tips for that too? I want the dewy look but what can I do so later it doesn't look like I pured oil on my face. :P

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Well make sure you put some lotion on after you wash your face, before you put on your makeup. Make sure it doesn't make your skin look greasy, and is oil-free. I have Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer, and Clean & Clear Morning Glow moisturizer (which brightens your skin too) and both work really well.

Also, mousse makeup tends to make your skin look drier. Try switching to a liquid formula. Almay Nearly Naked makeup makes your skin look really glowy. :)

And using a liquid highlighter can make you look dewy. Either mix a little bit in with your foundation, or use it to highlight the high points on your face (cheekbones, browbones, etc.)

To prevent oiliness, try using oil-absorbing sheets. I know a ton of companies make them, but I got them from elf for $1. ;D

• Hmm, keep washing your face with a cleanser, that's for sure. Always make sure to apply a moisturizer afterward though - that'll keep your skin from getting dry. You don't have too spend too much on a good facial moisturizer. I know there are specific types for those with oily skin, and you don't need to apply too much either, so it'll last you a while.

Other than that, I'd recommend using a liquid foundation, as opposed to a powder. That will give you a dewy look for sure. Also, don't apply a finishing powder once you've used the liquid foundation. A lot of girls like to do this so that their make-up will set nicely, but since you're going for the fresh, soft look, you won't need it. If you're still concerned about your skin looking to oily, there are certain liquid foundations for that, too! Try Covergirl Clean Liquid Makeup, Oil Control. It's only about $6. Great stuff.