Long hair, how do you deal with it?

I've had short hair all of my life. Recently I just didn't get it cut so I've been growing it out for a while and I like having longer hair (really medium length but long for me!) but sometimes its just annoying. I hate when it gets caught in the wind and sticks up or when you wake up and it's all messy. Other than the few compliments I've gotten, I've completely regretted not getting it cut to my normal length. Does anybody actually enjoy having long hair or am I just crazy?

Most Helpful Girl

• It can definitely be a pain. I guess you get used to it though. I'm reminded of how annoying it is mostly when it's windy. This is why girls get so upset if you mess up their hair. It's already a pain to take care of by itself. In the winter though, it really saves your ears and neck.

What Girls Said 1

• Girls tend to dig the "flippy" hair look. ;)

What Guys Said 4

• Use some brand of "Mega Hold" hair spray and ya never have ta worry about wind.

• I love it. I think its only like that when you start growing it out, after it grows a little it has enough weight to stay down in the wind, and stay down during sleep. If it gets a bit longer your alright. I only ever get bother when my fringe keeps going in my eyes, hahaha. But that's just cos of the style I have it in, you won't have that problem

• If you aren't into having long hair, it's totally pointless to grow it out.

• If I thought it would be annoying I wouldn't have grown it out obviously

• That's what I was trying to get at. I let my hair grow out mostly because I got lazy and I liked it at first. Now that it's longer it can be a hassle at times and I was wondering if this was a universal thing or just me. I definitely didn't do it for compliments.

I'm probably just not used to it yet.

• It's a pain, especially if you're used to having short hair all your life.

• A comb and some good hairspray which won't make your hair look spiky but just makes your hair stay still :)